Upper Body Strength + Arm Toning Workout is another excellent strength workout from Heather Robertson. This morning I did it in combination with her Upper Body Strength Workout // with Dumbbells. They are both excellent workouts but I enjoyed this one a lot more. Between the two of them my upper body was well worked.
The structure of this workout is 3 circuits; each circuit contains 4 exercises and each circuit is repeated 2 times. Each exercise is done for 40 seconds with a 20 second recovery. There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, counting down your 40 second interval. During the 20 second recovery between exercises, the next exercise is featured in the center of the screen with a clock, counting down the 20 seconds.
Upper Body Strength + Arm Toning Workout is 31:30 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 4 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells (Heather is using a set o 10 pound dumbbells and a 25 pound dumbbell). The dumbbell weights listed below are what I used.
- Bridge V-Press (lay on back, knees bent and feet on ground, raise hips and hold while doing a chest press but then opening arms to side in a V) (12# DBs)
- Bent Over Single Arm Row (one 25# DB)
- Repeat #3 on other arm
- Push Ups
- Repeat #1-4
- Alternating Bicep Curls (13# DBs)
- Skull Crushers (10# DBs)
- Bent Over Row + Tricep Kickback (10 # DBs)
- Negative Curls (wide bicep curls, lowering slowly) (10# DBs)
- Repeat #6-9
- Arnold Press (12# DBs)
- Chest Flys (15# DBs)
- Side + Rear Flys (straight arm side raises + bent over rear delt fly, alternate) (8# DBs)
- Front Swing (hold one heavy DB in both hands and do a kettlebell swing, bringing DB overhead, the swing is slow and controlled) (one 20# DB)
- Repeat #11-14