15 Minute HIIT Workout for Glutes, Hips & Thighs is a short but effective lower body strength workout from Heather Robertson. I used it in conjunction with several of Heather’s lower body workouts, but if you are short on time, this workout alone will give your lower body some nice work. Since it is only 17 minutes long, I stacked several of Heather’s workouts together to get an hour long lower body workout. And by the end of that hour, my legs were worn out! This workout does not have a warm up, so I started with Heather’s Leg Day Warm Up then I did this workout. Next I did her very short Booty Burn and ended with her Brutal HIIT Workout for Legs, Glutes & Thighs. That workout has a stretch at the end. My lower body is fried form the combo of workouts!
This workout is made up of 7 exercises done interval style. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds with 15 seconds of rest. The circuit is done twice. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals. During the recovery a rectangle appears in the lower left hand corner previewing the next exercise.
15 Minute HIIT Workout for Glutes, Hips & Thighs is 17 minutes; 1 minute intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Heather is using 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Sumo Squat (15# DB)
- Squat Kicks (holding one DB in both hands, squat, stand and do a side leg lift, keeping leg straight, alternate legs with a squat between each leg raise) (one 15# DB)
- Alternating Curtsy Lunges (15# DBs)
- Curtsy Kick (holding one DB in both hands, do one curtsy lunge then kick leg out to side) (one 15# DB)
- Repeat #4 on other leg
- Leg Lift (on one knee, one hand on floor so you are in a sort of modified side plank, place one DB on outside of top thigh and raise and lower straight top leg) (one 10# DB)
- Repeat #6 on other leg
- Alternating Plyo Jump Lunges
- 30 second recovery
- Repeat #1-8