Lower Body Sculpt is the Day 4 workout in AngieFitnessTV‘s Fit Over 40 program. This one was tougher than I expected but that is frequently the case with mat work. And that’s what this is–a lower body workout that is all done on a mat. This workout contains 10 exercises and each exercise is done for 60 seconds. Then you repeat the 10 exercise circuit. Angie starts out wearing 2.5 pound ankle weights but then during the second exercise she removes them because her legs were burning out. So were mine! I know from experience I cannot wear my 2.5 pound ankle weights for mat work so I wore my 1 pound ankle weights and my legs were burning! I made it through the first circuit with the ankle weights but I had to remove them for the second circuit. It hurt too much! You aren’t going to burn a bunch of calories but you will burn out your leg muscles. I followed this workout with BodyFit by Amy‘s 25 Minute Quiet Cardio Tabata HIIT to burn some extra calories and get my blood pumping.
There is a link below the YouTube workout that leads to a webpage about Angie’s Fit Over 40 thirty day plan. The plan itself costs $19.99 but the Fit Over 40 Workouts themselves are free on YouTube.
Lower Body Sculpt is 30:46 minutes; 5 minute warm up and 5 minute stretch. Equipment: ankle weights. Angie’s ankle weights are 2.5 each however she removes them after the second exercise.
- Lay on side and do straight leg side leg lifts
- Still laying on side, bring knee in to chest then push it out straight
- Still laying on side, do small circles with top straight leg
- Lay on back with feet on floor and knees bent, raise and lower hips into bridge
- Lay on hip, lean back on elbow, top leg is bent with foot on floor, raise and lower bottom straight leg with insole facing the ceiling
- Repeat #1-5 on other leg
- Repeat #1-6