Muscle Mix Sculpt is Day 20 in AngieFitnessTV‘s Fit Over 40 fitness program. For being so short, this is a very thorough total body strength workout plus Angie gives you a long wonderful stretch at the end. It is really rather impressive for being only 37 minutes. It is made up of 2 circuits. The first circuit is a metabolic strength circuit in which each exercise works both the upper and lower body. The second circuit takes the intensity down a notch and isolates upper body muscle groups but still gives you excellent strength work.
All of the workouts in the Fit Over 40 program are available for free on YouTube but Angie has created a whole program that uses only these workouts. There is a link below the YouTube workout that leads to a webpage about this 30 day plan. The plan itself costs $19.99 but the Fit Over 40 Workouts themselves are free on YouTube. I have not done all of the Fit Over 40 workouts but I have done a lot of them–so just click on this Fit Over 40 link if you are interested in seeing all of the Fit Over 40 workouts I have done and reviewed here.
Muscle Mix Sculpt is 37:01 minutes; 6 minute warm up and 8:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells, high step at 12 or 14 inches, resistance tube with handles. I used the same weights as Angie in Circuit 1 for all but one exercise and that is noted below. In Circuit 2 I used a variety of resistance tubes since different muscle groups need different levels of resistance. I also wore a 10 pound vest for Circuit 1. I removed it after the push ups.
- One forward lunge, pulse 3x in lunge and when you stand do 4 alternating front punches (5# DBs)
- Repeat #1 on other leg
- One side lunge reaching opposite hand/DB down toward foot when lunging + one cross punch when you are standing (5# DBs)
- 2 step ups on high step (same leg) + 4 bicep curls (10# DBs)
- Repeat #4 on other leg but do 4 hammer curls (10# DBs)
- Reverse lunge, pulse 3x in lunge and when you stand do 2 overhead press (Angie is using a 25# BB; I used 8 # DBs)
- Repeat #6 on other leg
- Single leg deadlift + 2 straight arm front raise (one 15# DB)
- Repeat #8 on other leg
- Low impact burpee walk outs (place hands on ground, walk hands out to plank, walk feet back into hands and stand)
- Push ups
- Crab toe touches (in crab, raise one foot and tap opposite hand to foot, alternate sides)
50 second recovery
- (get your resistance tube) Hold tube with about one foot between each hand, do alternating heel digs while pulling band open at chest level (chest fly arms) (medium tube)
- Still holding band the same as #14, still doing heel digs, raise band overhead with arms straight and pull band open while also pulling arms down (medium tube)
- Alternate the two arm movements in #14 & 15 while continuing the heel digs
- Still holding tube in both hands, extend one arm straight and hold that arm stationary, pull back on band with other hand in a bow and arrow type move (medium band)
- Repeat #17 on other arm
- Sit on ground with legs extended straight in front of you, loop tube around feet and cross tube, grip tube under handles and do pulsing back rows (heavy tube)
- Still sitting on mat with legs extended straight, tube is looped around one foot, still holding a handle in each hand, keep opposite arm extended and pull tube out to side while also twisting torso and looking over shoulder (light tube)
- Repeat #20 on other arm