Ripped with Ripkins was recommended to me by a blog reader. I’m always on the look out for well done rebounder workouts so after previewing 30 Minute HIIT Trampoline Workout, I decided to give it a try. The workout is led by Dustin Ripkins, a trainer with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. This is a cardio + strength interval based workout. All of the strength work is bodyweight strength. Dustin shows all levels of each exercise so this workout is accessible to beginners through advanced. I really enjoyed this workout. I did not do all of the exercises at the advanced level but that is because I don’t like to rebound with shoes on. Some of the exercises are done on the floor and I cannot jump on the floor without shoes on (plates and screws in my heels), so for any exercise that has floor jumping, I did an easier version of the exercise, but anything done entirely on the rebounder I did the most advanced version. I got an excellent workout. It was a lot of fun. The picture that accompanies this workout says you can burn 300+ calories. I burned 216 calories according to my FitBIt, but I bet if I had done all of the exercises at the advanced level I would have burned closer to 300 calories.
This workout is made up of one circuit of 10 exercises all done interval style. You repeat the circuit 3 times. Here is the structure: Round 1: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of rest. One minute recovery. Round 2: 35 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. One minute recovery. Round 3: 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the upper right-hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals. Dustin has several more rebounder workouts I plan to try so stay tuned!
30 Minute HIIT Trampoline workout is 33:37 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 2 minute cool down/stretch. Equipment: rebounder and a mat or towel.
- Jumping jacks
- Elbow plank jacks (elbows on the rebounder) (or elbow plank step outs)
- Monkey (high knee run but w/ knees out to sides, arms are in goal post, bringing elbows to knees as they raise)
- Get on all 4s on top of rebounder and alternate hydrant with scorpion (hydrant=lifting bent leg out to side, scorpion=raise bent leg straight behind you, foot to ceiling)
- Repeat #4 on other leg
- Tuck jump twists, tapping opposite hand to knee (or twist jumps)
- Tricep dips with hands on edge of rebounder
- Fast jumps, raising knees high, with alternating arm raises in front of you
- Sit on rebounder, torso leaned back, knees bent and feet raised, arms extended along sides, bounce bottom on rebounder while fluttering arms in pilates 100 fashion
- Start standing on floor behind rebounder and do a full burpee–jump on rebounder, jump off and do a squat thrust with hands on rebounder mat (do a push up when lowering to plank) (he shows a low impact modification, which is what I did)