Rebounder HIIT Tabata // Beginner Trampoline Workout is the companion to Naomi Joy‘s advanced Rebounder HIIT Tabata Workout / Low Impact Cardio Workout // Advanced Trampoline Workout. So if you are new to rebounding, start here with this workout and work your way up to her more advanced tabata workout. This workout was a lot of fun. Though not as intense as her advanced tabata workout, I still got a great cardio workout and a few of the moves are not as easy as you would expect. They took some coordination! Because it is only 20 minutes I combined it with a shorter rebounder workout (SanFran Fitness: 10 Min English/Spanish Speaking Rebounding HIIT) for an intense and fun 30 minute cardio workout.
This rebounder workout is done a tabata style. A tabata workout is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout using the tabata protocol. Tabata circuits are traditionally done in 4 minute blocks: intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery; repeat this 20/10 interval 8 times for a 4 minute tabata circuit. You usually get a short active recovery (30-60 seconds) before moving on to another tabata circuit. This workout has 2 circuits of 4 exercises. You repeat the first circuit twice before you move onto the second circuit. You repeat the second circuit twice then you get a 60 second break. The finale is repeating both circuits back to back a final time (all 8 exercises).
Rebounder HIIT Tabata // Beginner Trampoline Workout is 20:05 minutes; 45 second intro, 3 minute warm up and 3 minute stretch. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down the workout time. There is another timer in the lower left hand side of your screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Naomi previews the next exercise. This workout is done voice over and set to great, motivating music.
- Fast bounce with jump rope arms
- Alternating heel dig hops with lat pull down arms
- Twist hop his side to side while doing alternating front punches with arms
- Alternating hopping knee raises, raise straight arms overhead and pull them down to sides
- Repeat #1-4
- Bounce fast with legs/feet together, arms are raised overhead in a V
- 2 pulse squat jump (2 small hop pulses in squat then jump up, hands are in prayer when in squat, open bent arms out to sides when jumping)
- Jumping jack legs, raise straight arms overhead and pull them down to sides
- High knee sprint
- Repeat #6-9
- 60 second rest
- Repeat #1-4 & #6-9