10 Min Back Sculpting Workout is Day 12 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily10 workout series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that she is uploading every day in the month of November. I used this as a finisher after a tough upper body workout. So I was not only well warmed up but my muscles were already fatigued. This little back finisher kicked my butt! I probably should have lifted lighter dumbbells since I was already fatigued, but I didn’t and man, I was done by the end of this workout! Excellent little upper body/back finisher.
The exercises in this workout are done interval style: each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. Heather previews the next exercise during the recovery.
10 Min Back Sculpting Workout is 10:30 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. Heather is using 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Underhand row (bent over row, palms face forward, alternate arms) (30# DBs)
- Scapular squeeze (extend arms/DBs straight to side with palms facing ceiling, pull elbow behind waist, alternate arms) (7# DBs)
- Rear fly combo (one double arm bent over rear delt fly + one single arm bent over rear delt arm + repeat single arm rear delt fly on other arm) (10# DBs)
- Narrow & wide row (bent over rows, alternate one narrow row with arms close to sides with one wide row with elbows out to sides away from body) (20# DBs)
- Star fish (lay on stomach, arms extended in front of you, raise arms/chest and legs off floor, hold isometrically while opening straight arms to side and bringing them down to hips while also opening legs)
- Repeat #1-5