20 Min Pilates Booty Workout // No Equipment Workout is another excellent mat based lower body burn out workout from Naomi Joy. She recently created two other lower body mat workouts but (so far) this one is the longest. (The other two are a Quick Inner Thigh Workout and a Side Booty Workout.) In this workout you are only working your lower body for 16 minutes (8 minutes each leg) but wow–Naomi fries your legs in that short amount of time. She does give you very brief little breaks. No more than a few seconds but long enough to let your leg thaw out so you can return to the next exercise stronger. And bonus–a few of the exercises (#7-10) will also give you some core work. There is not a dedicated warm up so this is more appropriate to use as an add on/finisher workout. However the first exercise for each leg can double as a warm up if you are pressed for time and need something short. I did one of Naomi’s intense tabata rebounder workouts prior to doing this workout, so my lower body was already well warm up.
20 Min Pilates Booty Workout // No Equipment Workout is 18:37 minutes; no warm up and 1:20 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. There is a timer in the lower left hand corner of the screen, counting down total workout time, not counting the stretch.
- Get on all 4s, circle one bent leg (raise it side in hydrant then bring leg behind you so sole of foot faces ceiling then lower it back to start) (10 reps)
- Repeat #1 but reverse direction (10 reps)
- Still on all 4s, raise one bent leg behind you, foot flexed and pulse sole of foot up to ceiling 2x then lower (15 reps)
- Still on all 4s, extend leg straight behind you, lower toe to floor then raise leg and hold briefly at top of lift (15 reps)
- Still on hands and knees but lower to elbows, one leg still extended out straight behind you, keep leg straight and tap toe out to side of body, raise leg back to start then lower leg to other side of body and tap foot to floor outside of other leg (15 reps)
- In same position as #5, keep leg raised at top of lift and pulse straight leg upward (20 reps)
- In modified side elbow plank (on one elbow/forearm and one bent knee, top leg is extended straight), top arm is extended to ceiling, raise and lower top straight leg (foot is flexed and toe is aimed to the floor) (15 reps)
- Same position as #7 but point toe and circle straight leg (10 reps)
- Repeat #8 circling leg in the opposite direction
- Same position as #8, keep leg raised and pulse straight leg upward (20 reps)
- Repeat #1-10 on other leg