10 Min Total Body No Repeats Workout is Day 15 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 workout series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather is uploading every day in the month of November. This morning I used this workout to finish off one of Heather’s longer total body strength workouts: Intense Strength Supersets // Full Body Unilateral Workout. This is an excellent little workout to finish off any total body strength workout. This little finisher gets really intense, too. I was already well worked for Heather’s Full Body Unilateral Workout. This workout has longer intervals and shorter recoveries than that one, which increases the intensity. And though it is made up of primarily compound strength exercises, Heather throws in some cardio bursts to spike the heart rate even more. Excellent and intense little total body finisher! The exercises are all done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
10 Min Total Body No Repeats Workout is 10:46 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Heather recommends using 5-15 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Side lunge & squat (one side lunge + one squat, alternate sides when lunging) (16.5# DBs)
- 1-Arm press (alternating single arm overhead press, elbows/upper arms are kept elevated at shoulder level with DB/hand at ear level when not doing overhead press) (16.5# DBs)
- Reverse crunch (lay on back holding one DB in both hands, DB is raised to ceiling and held there isometrically, lower straight legs until they are a few inches off the mat then raise straight legs and do a reverse crunch, pushing legs overhead as you lift hips) (one 16.5# DB)
- Skate press (hold one light DB in each hand, do alternating lateral skaters, when in cross-back lunge tap one DB to floor and when changing sides push both DBs overhead) (5# DBs)
- Deadlift & lunge (one deadlift + one reverse lunge, alternate side when lunging) (16.5# DBs)
- Push up & row (in straight arm plank holding one DB in each hand, do one renegade row each arm + one push up) (25# DBs)
- Russian twist (sit on bottom on mat, knees bent and feet raised, torso leaned back, holding one DB in both hands, twist DB hip to hip) (one 10# DB)
- Crab dance (in crab/reverse table top, raise one leg to ceiling while reaching for toe with opposite hand, alternate sides)
- Sumo squat (one 50# DB)
- Mountain climbers