Mini Band Booty Builder // Glute Activation is a short but intense little lower body booty band workout from Heather Robertson. The intensity of this workout is dependent on the strength of your booty band. For this workout, Heather uses the thick/wide cloth booty resistance band. I also used my cloth booty bands. I started with my heaviest band but by the time we got to #7 below, I had to pause the workout and swap to my medium band. I used this as a finisher workout after doing Day 58 in Heather’s 12 Week Program (a lower body strength workout), so my lower body was already well worked by the time I came to this short workout. This did an excellent job finishing my lower body off. The stretch is short but it is targeted and hits the muscles just worked very nicely.
All of the exercises are done interval style: 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
Mini Band Booty Builder // Glute Activation is 16:11 minutes; no warm up and 1:30 minute stretch. Equipment: booty band/resistance loop and fitness mat. The workout starts with booty band around thighs, just above knees.
- Side steps (lower into partial squat and side step the length of your mat and back)
- Squat abduction (lower into partial squat with legs wide enough so there is tension on the band, open and close knees wider, pushing against the band)
- Squat pulse (stand with legs wide enough so there is tension band, lower into squat and pulse 2x then stand, raising onto toes)
- Wall sit abduction (hold a wall squat isometrically while opening and closing knees)
- Prone kick ups (lay on stomach on mat, legs open wide enough that there is tension on the band, legs are extended straight and feet are flexed, raise and lower legs)
- Heel squeeze (lay on stomach with knees bent and feet raised to ceiling, heels are pressed together and knees are wide, raise legs/knees off mat and hold isometrically)
- Side raises (lay on side, knees are bent, raise and lower top bent leg)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Glute bridge (lay on back, knees bent and feet on mat close to glutes, knees are open wide so there is tension on band, raise and lower hips)
- Bridge pulses (same position as #9, keep hips raised at top of bridge entire interval, pulse knees out against band)
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-10
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.