Glutes & Thighs Workout is Day 6 in Heather Robertson‘s week long Glow Up 2.0 Challenge. I really enjoyed this workout. This is a lower body strength workout that hits all of your lower body muscle groups using different modalities. The first circuit is all booty band/resistance loop work. Other than one exercise it is all mat work. The second circuit is a no repeat circuit. It starts with standing exercises using dumbbells then you return to the mat for some body weight mat work and the work ends with a burst of plyometrics. My lower body feels well worked! I paired this workout with Glow Up 2.0 Day 4: Upper Body Shred. Between the two, I got an an excellent hour long total body strength workout.
This is Heather’s second Glow Up Challenge. (Here are my reviews of all of the workouts in her first Glow Up Challenge) Here is a little trailer about the second challenge. And here is her description of it: The Glow Up 2.0 is a free 7 Day workout series to help get you moving and will have you feeling your very best. The program also includes a free glow up guide that discusses nutrition and mindfulness and how incorporating these aspects into your daily routine can help you transform from the inside out! If you click on this link, then you can access the free guide.
The exercises are each done for 45 seconds of work followed by 5 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
Glutes & Thighs Workout is 29:36 minutes; 1:45 minute warm up and 2:50 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells, a booty band/resistance loop and fitness mat. Heather is using one 25 pound dumbbell. The weights listed below are what I used.
Circuit 1: (booty band/resistance loop is around thighs above knees for entire circuit)
- Side steps (lower into partial squat, side step the length of the mat and back)
- Donkey kick (on hands and knees, raise one leg bent at 90 degrees and push sole of foot up to ceiling)
- Rear lift (same position as #2 but extend leg straight behind you, raise and lower straight leg)
- Rear pulse (same position as #3 but keep straight leg lifted and pulse it upward)
- Single leg bridge (lay on back on mat, knees bent and feet on mat close to glutes, raise one leg and keep it raised throughout interval while raising and lowering hips)
- Bridge pulses (still on back, both knees bent with feet close together, raise hips into bridge and keep them raised isometrically, open and close knees)
- Repeat #1
- Repeat #2-5 on other side of body
- Repeat #6
30 second rest (remove booty band)
- Sumo squat (legs wide, toes turned out, hold one heavy DB in both hands) (one 55# DB)
- Sumo pulses (same position as #1 but remain at bottom of squat and pulse lower) (one 55# DB)
- Side lunge (stationary side lunge to one side) (one 30# DB)
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- Curtsy lunge & kick (hold one DB at one shoulder, do one cross-back/curtsy lunge, at top of lunge do a side leg raise with leg straight) (one 25# DB)
- Repeat #5 on other side of body
- Side leg lift & kick (in modified side plank (on one hand and one knee), top arm is raised to ceiling, lift top straight leg, bend knee bringing heel to glute, extend leg straight again and lower)
- Clam shell & kick (lay on one hip and same side elbow/forearm, knees are bent and stacked, keep insoles of feet together and raise feet off mat, open top knee, extend top leg straight, bring soles of feet together again and close knees–keep bottom foot elevated off mat the entire time)
- Repeat #7 & 8 on other side of body
- Bridge march (lay on back, knees bent and feet in floor, raise and lower hips into bridge, as you raise hips, also raise one bent leg, alternate legs)
- In & out hops (squat jacks–start in narrow squat then jump out to sumo squat and jump back into narrow squat, arms are extended in front of you when in squat, swing arms behind you when jumping)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “✨Glow Up 2.0 // Day 6: Glutes & Thighs Workout”
This was one of those sneaker Heather workouts where the first half you’re like I GOT THIS and then you get to the second half and you think MAYBE NOT … but in a good way! 😉
Today I did a 20 min pilates workout by Sydney as my warmup which did a great job at that. I’m amazed that she was filming pretty difficult workouts right up until she gave birth. And she doesn’t do a lot of modifying, either. Everything seems to be pretty low impact but that’s about the only modification. I remember doing Tracey Austin pregnancy videos which were absolutely nothing like what Sydney does. Times have changed … BTW, Sydney has been posting short videos recently so just a couple weeks after giving birth she is already back at it. You go, girl! 😁
Anyway … My main workout was Fuel Day 28 posterior chain clusters. This is absolutely my favorite lower body workout of the series! It’s crazy all the stuff she packed into this one. Not only do your legs get a very thorough workout, but so does your back. Rest periods vary from 10s to 30s depending on what you’re doing. You can lift heavy with this one and not risk form when combined with the cardio which isn’t a lot (some banded squat jumps as a staple combo).
Tomorrow will be my final Fuel workout, the finale Day 30! Then it will be back to Fierce next week along with some rebounding.