Squat Challenge is a fun little lower body finisher workout from Heather Robertson. There is only one rest/recovery halfway through and that is it. Heather works your lower body with no breaks. It made up of body weight strength exercises plus some plyometrics. Heather fried her own legs by the end of this little workout. The very last time we do squat jumps Heather had to take a few very short breaks! After holding chair pose for 30 seconds, squat jumps do burn! I used this as a finisher after doing a total body strength workout. This workout has no warm up, so it works perfectly as an add on workout since you are already warmed up from whatever workout you just came from. And Heather gives you a very nice lower body stretch at the end.
Squat Challenge is 13:02 minutes; 30 second intro, no warm up and 2 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds with no rest/recoveries between exercises. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting own each interval. When there is 10 seconds left of an exercise, a video appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen, previewing the next exercise.
- Air squat
- In & out squat (stand with legs hip width apart, squat then step out to side and lower into a wide leg squat, step foot back and squat again, step other foot out and lower into a wide leg squat)
- Sumo squat (legs are wide and toes turned out)
- Sumo pulses (remain at bottom of sumo squat and pulse downward)
- Jump squat & jack (alternate one jumping jack with one jump squat)
- Squat toe taps (lower into squat and hold isometrically, alternate tapping one foot out to side)
- Curtsy & squat (alternating curtsy lunges with a squat between each side)
- Hold squat (hold chair pose isometrically)
- Jump squat
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-9