***5 Best Tricep Exercises is part of Linda Wooldridge‘s 5 Best Exercise Series. This review will eventually be double posted. It is available for free on YouTube (this review) but it is also part of Linda’s 5 Best Exercise Series DVD which contains 11 mini workouts. I am using the DVD version but I am also posting individual reviews of the workouts so others can also enjoy them on YouTube. The DVD review will post eventually, tho. However, Linda has also created a 5 Best Exercises playlist on YouTube that includes every one of the workouts on the DVD.***
5 Best Triceps Exercises is 8 minutes long. Equipment needed: exercise mat and light hand weights. 5 exercises; each exercise is done for one minute. I came to this workout after a very intense Katami 4×4 workout that wore me out so I am not sure how much that affected this workout, but this workout really burned my triceps out. Of course, this is Linda/Barlates, so she does an excellent job of burning muscles out without any help from anyone else. I did find the first exercise and the 3rd exercise easier than I expected it to be, but all of the others burned my triceps out–#5 especially.
- Side tricep dips (on side, knees bent, one hand on mat; do a push up with that arm, staying on side)
- Tricep dips with toe touches (tricep dips while in crab, touching toe w/ opposite hand)
- Modified tricep push ups (tricep push ups on knees but butt is up and you lower all the way to your forearms)
- Twisting tricep extensions (kickbacks but rotate wrists so palms face ceiling–this is not full range of motion, you keep arms at the high end, so lighter dumbbells are more appropriate)
- Straight arm squeezes (on knees, lean torso forward, arms behind back, palms facing ceiling; bring DBs together behind back so hand weights tap each other)