I created this page at the request of a reader. There is no way that I can create just one list of the top 10 best workouts but since I am already creating a Workout Types page, I decided that I can try to create a top 10 list associated with each type of workout. The task was still very hard!
Here are a few things to keep in mind. The Workout Types page and therefore this page are ongoing works in progress. I have been working on them for something like 8 months now and there is no end in sight. There are a lot of categories that workouts can be organized into and just sifting through the 1000+ reviews on this blog is very time consuming. And I have to do it for each individual category. While also working full time, living my life and creating blog review posts on every new-to-me workout that I do. So it will take a long time for me to complete these tasks.
The other thing to keep in mind is the date I created each list. I will notate the date each list is created beside the list title. I mention this because after I create that list, I might encounter an even better workout that deserves a place on the list. I may or may not return to the list to update it. And it might be too hard to update because, with only 10 spaces to fill, that would require me ousting one workout from a list I have already labored over. And having (as of this writing) only created one top 10 list–they are labor intensive! I thought long and hard before whittling that first list down to 10 workouts. And I am sure I will struggle just as much with each list I create. It would have to be a really spectacular workout to motivate me to make the swap.
Remember–these are just my personal opinions. You probably will not agree with every workout on these lists.
One final note. Once I do quite a few Top 10 Lists, I want to create a Top 10 workout rotation. That should actually be fun! So lots more to come!
Top 10 Total Body Strength Workouts (finalized 03/30/20)
- STS Total Body
- Strong & Sweaty: Total Body Giant Sets
- Signature Series Volume 2
- 30 Minutes to Fitness: Muscle Up (this DVD contains two 30 minute split session workouts, I do both workouts back to back for an excellent hour long total body strength workout)
- Cathe Live: Fit Tower Tone & Tighten
- Fit Tower: Total Body
- Push Pull
- Cathe Live: Total Body Giant Sets 2
- Cathe Live: PHA 2020
- Flex Train
Top 10 Total Body Cardio + Strength Workouts (finalized 03/27/20) These are total body strength workouts where cardio exercises or circuits are alternated with strength exercises or circuits.
- High Step Challenge
- Cathe Live: ICE Chiseled Upper and Lower Body Blast
- Cathe’s Original Bootcamp
- 30 Minutes to Fitness: Trim Down (combined premix)
- Walk On: Get Strong/Stepping Strength
- Cathe Live: Fit Tower Bootcamp
- High Step Training
- Reboot: Real Evolution Volume 1
- Extreme Shed & Shred
- Cathe Live: High Intensity Aerobic Weight Training with Step
Top 10 Upper Body Workouts (finalized 03/30/20) This list includes both total upper body workouts and split set upper body workouts. If it is a split set upper body workout, I will include both workouts in a single position since the idea behind this list is workouts that give you the best thorough upper body workout. So if it’s a split set then both workouts are needed to accomplish that.
- Ripped with HIIT: Lift It Hit It: Back, Biceps & Shoulders + Chest, Triceps & Shoulders
- Xtrain: Burn Sets
- Gym Style: Back, Shoulders & Biceps and Chest & Triceps
- Strong & Sweaty: Ramped Up Upper Body
- Cathe Live: Toasted Trisets Upper Body
- Cathe Live: Smokin’ Upper Body Blast
- 30 Minutes to Fitness: Your Best Body (Cardio & Upper Body premix)
- Full Upper Body Workout // Toning + Strength
- Upper Body Strength Workout // with Dumbbells
- 30 Minutes to Fitness: Build & Burn: Upper Body Super Sets
Top 10 Lower Body Workouts (finalized 02/04/20)
- Pyramid Lower Body
- LITE: Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower
- Barlates: Stretch Sculpt Lower
- HIIT Booty Bootcamp + Brutal HIIT Workout for Legs, Glutes + Thighs (this is not a tie, these two workouts need to be done back to back to create a full, intense and awesome lower body workout; I suggest starting it with her Leg Day Warm Up Routine which, combined with the other two workouts, gives you an intense, hour long lower body workout)
- Slo Mo Challenge: Lower Body
- Cathe Live: Totally Toned Legs
- Cathe Live: Legs with Weights & Stability Ball
- JessicaSmithTV: Leg Day
- Great Glutes
- Xtrain: Cardio Leg Blast
Top 10 SHORT Total Body Strength Workouts (finalized 02/18/20) This is not a list of the best total body strength workouts–that is still in the works. However, if you are short on time and you need a thorough and effective total body strength workout, then that’s what you will find in the list below. Some of these contain two short strength workouts on one DVD. Unless I specifically refer to only one of the workouts on the DVD, then I think they are both equally excellent. And they also get the bonus of being 2 for 1s–meaning the entire DVD gets to occupy only 1 space on the list.
- Metabolic Strength Volume 6: Heat it Up (30 minutes)
- Metabolic Strength Volume 3: Well Built (30 minutes)
- Metabolic Strength Volume 1: Coming on Strong (31:30 minutes)
- Walk On: Get Strong!/Strictly Strength (41 minutes)
- 30 Minutes to Fitness: Cardio Pump Workout #2 (33 minutes)
- Lift & Shred (2 approx. 30 minute workouts)
- 30 Minutes to Fitness: Your Best Body (2 approx. 35 minute workouts)
- Boost Metabolism + Muscle: Workout 3 Total Focus (35 minutes)
- Killer Full Body Workout (39 minutes)
- 30 Minutes to Fitness: LIFT (2 approx. 30 minute workouts)
Top 10 Bodyweight Strength Workouts/Programs (finalized 02/19/20) These are a mixture of individual workouts as well as programs. They are not all total body either. Some are lower body focused.
- Bodyweight 2.0
- Intense 30 Minute Full Body HIIT
- Barlates: Stretch Sculpt Lower
- Body Strikes 1
- Body Strikes 2
- Barlates: Feel Good Series