I am always looking forward to the weekend. For a lot of reasons, but now I have a new one. It appears Naomi Joy posts new workouts on Saturdays. A new workout popped up Saturday morning and I was very excited! So I re-arranged this week’s workout schedule so that I could do it this morning. And it was worth the trouble. I love her cardio + strength rebounder workouts and that’s what this is. This is a total body strength workout with cardio blasts to keep your heart rate elevated. The strength work is done on the floor and the cardio is done on the rebounder. You alternate 2 strength moves with one cardio move. The workout ends with some excellent core work that is done on the floor. The core exercises work more than just the front of your abs or your obliques. Naomi works your upper body while also working your abs and she does not neglect the back side of your core. She hits that very nicely. This was another excellent workout from Naomi. And she really seemed to be enjoying herself during this workout which just encourages you to work harder. Sometimes she offers modifications. For one exercise she even gives you a little video of the modification in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
This workout is made up of one circuit of 18 exercises. The circuit is done twice. Each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by 20 seconds of recovery. Before the actual circuit starts–and after the warm up which is done on the floor–Naomi has another, shorter rebounder warm up. I have included it in the breakdown. It is the first 2 exercises. There is a timer in the lower right hand side of the screen, counting down the workout time (does not include stretch–just warm up and workout). There is another timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries, Naomi demonstrates the next exercise. This workout is done to great, motivating music with voice overs from Naomi. The second time you run through the circuit it is just visuals and music. For the core work the intervals change to 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. Because the strength intervals are 40 seconds, you are able to lift heavier weight, so challenge yourself! I will definitely be returning to this workout and I can already see several exercises where I can work to lift heavier. Though there are cardio bursts, I found this workout more strength focused. I still burned 350 calories though so it was very metabolic. This is a fun, highly effective workout. I am planning to eventually create (and post) a rebounder rotation. Naomi’s rebounder strength workouts will definitely be the core of the rotation.
Rebounder HIIT Total Body Circuit/Strength + Cardio is 59:23 minutes; 1 minute intro, 5 minute warm up, 8 minutes core work and 6:30 minute stretch. Equipment: rebounder, dumbbells and a fitness mat. Namoi is using 10, 15 and 20 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used. The warm up and the stretch are both done on the floor.
- Reach & pull (basic hop on the rebounder while reaching arms overhead and pulling them down)
- Wide pull (basic hop, arms are raised to shoulder level, reach arms in front of you then pull elbows back)
- Push up squat press (stand on floor, holding DBs at shoulders, squat then stand and do an overhead press, squat and place DBs on floor between legs, jump feet back to plank and do one push up, jump feet back into hands, remain in squat and bring DBs to shoulders) (20# DBs)
- Open row (still on floor, under hand back row, hinged forward and arms are open wide enough so DBs are just outside of hips, hold briefly at top of row) (30# DBs)
- Heel tap (hopping insole taps on rebounder)
- 2 pulse curtsy lunge (on floor), alternate legs (when changing sides do a hammer curl, bringing DBs to shoulders (20# DBs)
- 2 pulse squat (goblet squat on floor, pulse 2x at bottom of squat) (one 45# DB)
- Narrow twist (twist hop hips side to side with legs/feet together, arms are held at shoulder level and move in opposition to your feet/hips)
- Push up row (renegade rows on floor–row both arms then do one push up) (30# DBs)
- Wide press (on floor) (arms are held in goal post, bring DBs together in front of you, rotating DBs so palms face you, open arms back to goal post and do an overhead press) (18# DBs)
- Speed pull (hop fast on rebounder with legs/feet close together while reaching arms overhead and pulling them down)
- Single leg deadlift on floor (balance move, when hinging forward raise non-working leg behind you and when you stand, raise non-working knee in front of you) (one 35# DB)
- Repeat #12 on other leg
- Jump squat on rebounder
- W pull on floor (stand with arms raised to sides in a T, palms facing the ceiling, pull elbows behind back then push them back out into a T) (7# DBs)
- In and out bicep curl on the floor (alternate traditional bicep curls with wide bicep curls) (15# DBs)
- Kick for joy on rebounder (hopping front kicks, alternate legs, when you kick, bring hands together under thigh, raise arms overhead between kicks)
- Double arm tricep kickbacks on the floor (13# DBs)
- Double arm overhead tricep extension on floor (French press) (one 25# DB)
- Sprint on the rebounder
- Repeat #3-20
Core (done on the floor): (8 minutes)
- Chest fly leg lower (lay on mat, straight legs raised to ceiling, do a chest fly while lowering one straight leg until it is a few inches off the floor, alternate legs) (20# DBs)
- Inner thigh criss cross (still laying on mat, DBs are extended to ceiling and pressed together, lower straight legs to a 45 degree angle and do small criss-crosses with feet/legs) (15# DBs)
- Repeat # 1 & 2
- Single leg bridge (still on back, one knee is bent with foot on floor, other leg is raised to ceiling, raise hips into single leg bridge and hold isometrically while pulsing hips upward)
- Repeat #4 on other leg
- W Pull (lay on stomach, raise head/chest isometrically, extend arms in front of you then pull elbows back behind you)
- Tricep back extension (still laying on stomach, arms are extended straight at sides with palms facing the ceiling, raise legs, arms, head/chest and hold briefly then lower)
For more info on Naomi Joy Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
6 thoughts on “Naomi Joy Fitness: Rebounder HIIT Total Body Circuit/Strength + Cardio”
I did this one on Saturday; I waited to work out until it dropped. I did challenge myself with my weight choice and my chest is still sore! I loved this workout and grateful to you for helping me discover Naomi.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome! Naomi’s workouts are my new go-to’s. So much fun and such great workouts.
I actually did not expect the chest burnout. That second set of core chest flys started burning! I wonder if I will have some DOMS tomorrow.