What an odd title. Especially for one of Heather Robertson‘s workouts. And that’s the thing–though it is definitely a Heather Robertson workout, it was actually posted by a YouTube channel called Epidemic Pop. Below the workout video it has the entire playlist that is used in this workout. And it really is great music, but it doesn’t sound any different from the music Heather always uses in her workouts. Maybe she always uses Epidemic Pop? Anyway! Whatever, right? It is another awesome Heather Robertson workout, which is really all the info I need.
This was an intense low impact metabolic cardio workout. Heather uses dumbbells to increase the intensity. This is another one of her creeper workouts. It crept fast! Some of the exercises are deceptive, too. I did not expect them to be arm burners, not with 5 pound dumbbells, but several of the exercises burned my arms out. I burned 256 calories.
This workout is done interval fashion. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds followed by 15 seconds of recovery. During the recovery Heather previews the next exercise. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries.
40 Minute Pop Workout – No Jumping HIIT (Extended Version) is 38:28 minutes; 3:45 minute warm up and 4 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and mat. Heather has two sets of dumbbells. It looks like 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Squat & calf raise (squat, tapping ends of DBs on ground then stand, raising onto toes while also reaching DBs overhead) (5# DBs)
- Speed skater (low impact skaters, tapping the floor with one DB when in curtsy lunge and doing a bicep curl when changing sides) (5# DBs)
- Push up + leg lift (push ups lifting one leg during push up, alternate legs)
- Deadlift lunge & curl (deadlift + reverse lunge with a hammer curl, alternate legs when lunging) (15# DBs)
- Star steps (do a narrow squat with hands/DBs by ankles, stand and step out to one side, swinging arms/DBs to side and overhead (jumping jacks arms), alternate sides with a narrow squat between each side) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #1-5
- 30 second recovery
- Knee drive (hold one DB in both hands, hinge forward slightly in split stance, extend arms/DB straight in front of you, pull knee into chest while bringing DB to knee) (one 5# DB)
- Repeat #8 on other leg
- Plank toe taps (in elbow plank, alternate tapping toes out to sides)
- Shuffle & press (squat side step 2x then press DBs out straight in front of you, remain in squat the entire interval) (5# DBs)
- Squat & punch (squat with alternating cross punches, squat between each punch) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #8-12
- 30 second recovery
- Side lunge & raise (alternating stationary side lunges with bent arm side raises between each lunge) (5# DBs)
- Knee drive twister (holding one DB in both hands, do fast alternating knee raises, bringing DB to hip of knee that is raising) (one 5# DB)
- Squat & curl (alternating step out squats, while in squat, hold and do a double arm bicep curl) (8# DBs)
- Step jack (alternate stepping one foot out to side, do an overhead press each time you step foot out) (5# DBs)
- One arm swing (holding a DB in each hand, do single arm kettlebell swings but alternate arms) (10# DBs)
- Repeat #15-19
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
4 thoughts on “40 Minute Pop Workout – No Jumping HIIT (Extended Version)”
Thank you for the time you spend on your reviews! I found out about Heather Robertson from you and did her routines and challenges practically non stop all spring and summer. Took a break from her this fall when I got a spin bike but now I want to go back to Heather a few times a week for her weight routines. Now I am excited to try her new workouts and I like that you gave your calorie burn. Thank you and hope you have a healthy and safe 2021.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are welcome! I love Heather’s weight routines, too. I always find myself returning to them.