Leg Day // Warm Up Routine is an awesome little routine from Heather Robertson. It does exactly what the title indicates–warms your lower body up in preparation for a lower body workout. And since quite a few of her lower body workouts do not include a warm up, this is needed! I decided to do an all Heather Robertson lower body workout and, since she has so many short ones, I stacked them again. I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. I started with this warm up. Next I did her Toned Legs, Thighs + Booty followed by her Dumbbell Leg Workout then I used her 100 Rep Squat Challenge as a finisher. I ended the workout with one of her extended stretches: Full Body Stretch // Great for Tight Hips. Altogether, this was an excellent workout that I am still feeling in my glutes, hamstrings and quads.
Visually this routine is set up like Heather’s other workouts. There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen counting down your reps. While Heather is transitioning to the next exercise, a rectangle appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen, previewing the next exercise.
Leg Day // Warm Up Routine is 7 minutes; 20 second intro and last 20 seconds is Heather talking. You do 10 reps of each exercise unless otherwise indicated in the breakdown. No equipment is needed except a fitness mat.
- Stationary side lunges, alternate sides
- Glute Bridges
- Leg Swings (hold into something and swing one leg out wide to side, opening hip, then across body)
- Forward Swing (still holding on to something, swing leg forward and back)
- Repeat #3 & 4 on other leg
- Spot March (slow high knee marches)
- Hip Circles (circle one bent leg–think crescent knees but a full circle)
- Repeat #7 on other leg
- Air Squat
- Hold low deep squat for 30 seconds (bottom is a few inches off the ground, feet flat)
- Alternate forward fold with deep squat