Toned Legs, Thighs + Booty // Mini Band Workout is a great little lower body routine from Heather Robertson. I used my EnriQ Booty Bands (which I love) and it really burned my glutes and outer thighs. I tried to use the heavy band but I could hard move my legs against it! So I had to go to the medium band, which was plenty of resistance. Since this is only 10 minutes, I used this in combination with several other of Heather’s lower body workouts to create an hour long lower body workout. I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. I started with her Leg Day // Warm Up Routine then did this workout. Next was Dumbbell Leg Workout and I used her 100 Rep Squat Challenge as a finisher. I ended the workout with one of her extended stretches: Full Body Stretch // Great for Tight Hips. My outer thighs were already burning after this one! Add on all of the others and I got a great lower body workout this morning.
This workout is structured interval fashion: 30 seconds of work + 10 seconds of rest. There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, counting down your interval. During the 10 second recovery between exercises, the next exercise is featured in a rectangle in the bottom right hand corner of the screen right above the clock (which also counts down the 10 second recovery).
Toned Legs, Thighs + Booty // Mini Band Workout is 10 minutes; 30 second intro and Heather talks the last 25 seconds. Equipment: mini band (firewalker loop). Band will be right above knees for the entire workout.
- 3 Squats + Pulse (when doing pulse, hold at bottom of squat and push knees out wider 3x)
- Shuffle + Hop (3 squat walks to side (never raise out of squat while walking) + one jump)
- Side Leg Lift (in modified side plank (on one elbow and one knee), raise and lower top straight leg)
- Laying Y-Pulse (lay on back, head/shoulders raised and hands behind head, raise legs to about 45 degrees, open legs in a V and push/pulse legs out wider against band)
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- Thigh Master (lay on back, legs bent w/ feet on floor, raise hips, open and close legs then lower hips)
- In + Out Jacks (squat jacks)
- Repeat #1 & 2
- Clam Shells (lay on one hip and same side elbow, legs are bent, keeping feet together, open and close top knee)
- Frog Press (lay on stomach, knees bent and soles of feet facing ceiling, raise and lower knees/thighs)
- Repeat #9 on other side of body
- Bridge pulses (hold at top of bridge while pulsing knees out against band)
- In + Out Squats (same as #7 but she seems to be squatting deeper)