Squat Challenge // 100 Reps is an awesome little 5 minute add on/finisher from Heather Robertson. It is made up of 10 different squat exercises and you do 10 reps of each. You can use this like I did today–to finish off a lower body workout. Or you could also use it as a warm up before a lower body workout. Finally, if you want to make this a workout on its own just hold some dumbbells and wear a booty band around your thighs, then repeat it 2 or 3 more times.
This morning I did an all Heather Robertson lower body workout and since she has so many short ones, I stacked them again. I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. I started with her Leg Day // Warm Up Routine. Next I did her Toned Legs, Thighs + Booty followed by her Dumbbell Leg Workout. I used this little add on as my finisher. I ended the workout with one of her extended stretches: Full Body Stretch // Great for Tight Hips.
Visually, this is set up like Heather’s other workouts. There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen counting down your reps. While Heather is transitioning to the next exercise, a rectangle appears in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, previewing the next exercise.
Squat Challenge // 100 Reps is 5:30 minutes; 45 second intro and the final 30 seconds is Heather talking. No equipment is needed but as mentioned above, you can hold dumbbells and wear a booty band around your thighs to increase the intensity.
- Front Squat (regular squat with arms extended in front of you)
- Sumo (plié) Squat
- In + Out Squat (squat jacks)
- Squat + Kick (squat then lift one straight leg out to side, alternate sides with a squat between each leg lift)
- Jump Squat
- Side Squat (step out to side into a wide squat, alternate sides, standing between each squat)
- Squat + Lift (with legs shoulder width apart, squat and when you stand, raise one leg straight behind you, alternate legs)
- Pop Squat (squat jack, touching fingertips to ground while in squat)
- Pulse Squat (narrow squat and at bottom of squat, pulse 2x)
- 180 squat jumps