Full Body Mini Band Workout is another fun little travel friendly workout from Heather Robertson. Just like her 5 Minute at Home Full Body Conditioning Workout, I had planned to use this on a recent mini-vacation. And didn’t. But I still wanted to try it, so this morning I used as a warm up before doing another workout. It served that purpose very nicely.
This workout is not done to timed intervals like most of Heather’s other workouts. Each exercise is done for 10-12 reps. As the title indicates, you are using a mini band, or resistance loop (or firewalker loop) for all of the exercises. I didn’t find this short workout terribly challenging but it worked nicely as a warm up. Heather recommends that for an even greater challenge, repeat the workout 2-3 times. Or you can stack several of her workouts together. Start with this one and follow it up with her 5 Minute at Home Full Body Conditioning Workout. She has lots of others in the 10 minute range, so you could just keep stacking her short workouts until you have the length of workout you are looking for.
There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, counting down the reps for each exercise. There are no recovery/rest periods but while Heather is positioning herself for the next exercise, a rectangle appears in the lower right hand corner, previewing the upcoming exercise.
Full Body Mini Band Workout is 8:30 minutes; 50 second intro. You are doing 10-12 reps of each exercise. The workout starts with the mini band around thighs, just above knees.
- Squats (band above knees)
- Step Squats (remaining in squat, step side to side)
- Glute bridge
- Still in glute bridge, keeping hips raised isometrically, pulse knees out against band
- Leg Drops (lower band so it is around middle of calves and open legs wider than hip width so there is tension on band, lower straight legs a few inches from floor, then raise straight legs and do a reverse crunch)
- Plank toe taps (in elbow plank, alternate tapping toes out to sides)
- Mountain climbers (lower band so it is around soles and tops of feet, do a slow mountain climber, bringing knee to same side elbow)
- Robot Row (with band around wrists and arms open so there is tension on the band, do bent over rows bringing band to ribs then extending arms straight)
- Tricep press (hold band in one hand and press against shoulder, with other hand, pull band down into a tricep kickback)
- Repeat #9 on other arm
- Lateral Raise (with band around wrists and arms open so there is tension on the band, hold band in front of you with elbows bent, open elbows out to side until they are shoulder height then lower them, opening the band as you raise your elbows)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.