I actually planned to do this little workout while I was out of town for a few days last week. But I didn’t. This morning was Classical Stretch day so I decided to give this short little workout a try before doing an hour of Classical Stretch. 5 Minute at Home Workout: Full Body Conditioning is great little workout from Heather Robertson to use either as an add on/finisher to another workout, or as I had initially planned to do it–as a hotel room/travel workout. All you need is a sliding device, so in a hotel room you will need sliding disks or paper plates. And to get a really good workout you will need to repeat this little circuit several times. But if you are pressed for time, 5 minutes is better than nothing, right?
This workout is not done to timed intervals like many of Heather’s workouts are. You do 6-8 reps per set and you get 10 seconds of recovery between each exercise. During that recovery, a small rectangle appears in the center of the screen previewing the next exercise along with a count down clock. This is important because with sliders, you need to have them under for feet and be in position. During the first exercise I didn’t have my foot on one of my sliders properly and I lost the slider. There is also a counter in the lower right hand corner of the screen that counts down your reps while you are doing the exercises. Each exercise is done slow and controlled.
5 Minute at Home Workout: Full Body Conditioning is 6 minutes; 40 second intro. Equipment: hand towels if working out on a hard floor, paper plates (or sliding disks) if working out on carpet. You do 6-8 reps of each exercise.
- Sliding Pikes, 6 reps (start in straight arm plank with sliders under feet, slide feet into hands, keeping legs straight, then slide back out to plank)
- Plank Jacks, 8 reps (sliders still under feet, in elbow plank, slide feet/legs open and closed)
- Side Slide Lunge, 8 reps
- Repeat #3 on other leg
- Reverse Slide Back Lunge, 8 reps
- Repeat #5 on other leg
- Slide Out Push Up, 6 reps (on knees) (with slider under one hand, slide hand out to side as you lower and slide it back in as you raise up)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Front Sliding Push Up, 6 reps (on knees) (with slider under one hand, slide hand out in front of you as you lower and slide it back in as you raise up)
- Repeat #9 on other side of body
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “5 Minute at Home Workout: Full Body Conditioning”