At Home HIIT Workout with Weights is yet another excellent and tough workout from Heather Robertson. This is another one of her workouts where she packs a lot into less than 30 minutes. I was working very hard! It does have some strength work, but over all this is more of an intense metabolic workout. Heather uses light dumbbells for all of the moves but I used some heavier dumbbells for a few of them to squeeze in a little strength work. Just like all of Heather’s workouts I’ve done so far–I loved it and got an excellent workout.
This workout is done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of rest. You are doing 2 circuits of 5 exercises that you repeat 2 times. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery, you get a preview of the next exercise.
At Home HIIT Workout with Weights is 28 minutes; 4:30 minute warm up and 2 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. In the description below the workout it says Heather is using 5 and 10 pounds dumbbells; however I’m pretty sure she only used 5 pound dumbbells. The dumbbell weights listed below are what I used.
- Burpee Press (full burpee (so that means a push up) with an overhead press when standing) (10# DBs)
- Squat Taps (in partial squat, holding one DB in both hands, alternate hop-tapping feet out to side) (one 10# DB)
- Lunge Cross Punch (alternating reverse lunges, while in lunge punch one arm across body, alternate arms when you alternate legs) (5# DBs)
- Renegade Jacks (renegade row both arms + one plank jack) (15# DBs)
- Frog Hops (holding one DB in both hands, do wide squat jumps, tapping DB to floor while in squat and raising it overhead when jumping) (one 5# DB)
- Repeat #1-5
- Curtsy Raise (holding one DB in both hands, do alternating curtsy lunge and while in lunge, raise DB overhead) (one 10# DB)
- Side Plank Climbers (holding DBs, do 4 mountain climbers then rotate into side plank, raising one arm/DB to ceiling, alternate sides after each 4 mountain climbers) (8# DBs)
- Skier Swing (holding a DB in each hand, squat while swinging DBs down at sides then stand, swinging DBs overhead) (5# DBs)
- Cross Jacks (with legs straight and wide, hinge forward, reaching one DB toward opposite toe, then do one jack, pushing both DBs overhead, alternate sides) (5# DBs)
- High Knee Run (holding one DB in both hands) (one 5# DB)
- Repeat #7-11
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.