Power Walk the Pounds off 80s Style is another fun cardio walk from Gina B. I had actually planned to do a Heather Robertson workout today for my doubles workout but this morning’s workout (Barlates: Torch & Tone/Weights) literally kicked my butt. Literally. It is a lower body workout and my glutes and hamstrings were burning the entire day. I have a sedentary job and it hurt just to sit all day! I do not have DOMS–yet; this was just pain from how hard my glutes and hamstrings were shredded! I am okay with that, btw, but I also decided I needed something easier for my doubles workout. But since I do sit all day at work, I still want to move after work. I decided one of Gina B’s cardio walks would be perfect. And it was! This as a great little walk, it burned 200 calories and got in another 2500 steps. This walk is made up of 3 songs from the 80s. It does not have a warm up or cool down/stretch, so I used one of Gina B’s add ons; her Quick & Easy Warm Up and her Feel Good Post Workout Cool Down & Stretch.
Power Walk the Pounds off 80s Style is 15 minutes. Gina is marching in place between every move. Each move is repeated multiple times but I only list them the first time they appear. There are arm motions with everything, even if I don’t mention them. This is an entirely low impact walk.
- Double side steps + 4 side to side steps
- Alternating tapping toes forward 6x then out to side 6x
- March forward and back
- 7 knee repeater
- Step side to side on a diagonal moving forward 4x and back 4x
- Pony steps
- Double knee raises to front, alternate knees
- Step forward and back with same foot then step out to side and back with same foot, repeat this combo 4x on one leg before repeating on other leg
- Cross-over heel digs
- Double side steps
- Around the world (holding one leg basically stationary, step out foot out, turning yourself in a circle with each step)
- With legs wide, do alternating taps while reaching one arm across body overhead and other arm across body toward foot