Full Body Stretch // Great for Tight Hips is a nice total body stretch with some additional focus on the hips. Unlike most of the other workouts I’ve done by Heather Robertson, this is done voice over. Which is good! You need some direction for these stretches, especially since for some of them you cannot look at the TV and maintain good form.
This morning I did an all Heather Robertson lower body workout and since she has so many short ones, I stacked them again. I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. I started with Heather’s Leg Day // Warm Up Routine. Next I did her Toned Legs, Thighs + Booty followed by her Dumbbell Leg Workout and used her 100 Rep Squat Challenge as a finisher. I ended the workout with this stretch. I got an excellent workout and this stretched me out very nicely afterwards.
Full Body Stretch // Great for Tight Hips is 12 minutes. The only equipment you need is a fitness mat.
- Reach arms overhead with slight backbend then fold forward with straight legs and hands on ground and sway side to side
- With legs wide, fold forward and lean to side, holding ankle
- Still in forward fold, bring feet closer together (still wider than hip width) and lower bottom so you are in a deep squat, feet flat on ground; place one hand on the ground and raise one arm overhead, looking up to ceiling, then lowering your hand back to ground
- Cat/cow on all 4s
- Downward facing dog; pedal feet
- Wide leg child’s pose with arms extended; walk hands to one side
- Sit on bottom with legs extended straight in front of you, fold forward over legs
- Lay on back, one leg bent with foot on floor, other ankle is crossed over opposite knee, rock knee in and out; raise leg into figure 4 (reclining pigeon) stretch
- Bridge pose hold with hands clasped under body
- Hug knees into chest and rock hips side to side; open and close knees
- Roll/rock up and down, from neck then up until you are seated with feet on floor; end in plow pose hold
- Seated butterfly pose variations
- Do a side bend while seated cross-leg, reaching one arm over to other side
- Seated figure 4 pose
- Downward facing dog; walk hands back until you are in forward fold with hands holding elbows and rocking side to side
- Roll back to standing and do shoulder rolls