Total Body Toning Workout from Home is another excellent metabolic strength workout from Heather Robertson. Today is New Years Day and I have the day off of work so I did a longer workout. I also did Heather’s Total Body HIIT Bootcamp Workout. Though they are both excellent workouts, the problem with both of them is that, despite their titles, neither are total body workouts. They both neglect working your back. My remedy was stacking several of Heather’s workouts in order to get in that back work. Neither this workout nor her Total Body HIIT Bootcamp Workout not have a warm up or stretch. So I started with Heather’s 5 Minute Warm Up then I did Total Body HIIT Bootcamp followed by this workout. Then I got my back work by doing The Best Exercises to Target Back Fat, which worked my back very nicely and I ended everything with her Full Body Stretch. It was a long, tough workout (1.5 hours) that worked me very well. Between all of those workouts I did get a total body metabolic workout.
This workout is made up of a circuit of 5 exercises. For all but one of the exercises you are counting reps rather than doing the exercises to a timed interval. Between each exercise you get 10 seconds of rest. During the 10 second rest, the next exercise is previewed in a small rectangle in the center of the screen with a huge timer beside it, counting down the recovery period.
Total Body Toning Workout from Home is 14:30 minutes; 1:30 minute intro, no warm up and no stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Heather is using 5 and 10 pound dumbbells and one 25 pound dumbbell. The weights listed in the break down below are what I used.
- Inchworms, 6 reps (start standing, hinge forward with legs straight, walk hands out until you are in straight arm plank, do a push up, walk hands back to feet, stand and jump)
- Lunge + Fly, 12 reps (alternating reverse lunges with straight arm side raises while in lunge) (5# DBs)
- Push Press, 12 reps (holding one heavy DB in both hands, squat and at top of squat, push DB overhead) (one 25# DB)
- Wall Sit + Curl, 12 reps (while holding an isometric wall squat, do 12 bicep curls) (12# DBs)
- Weighted Jacks for 30 seconds (holding one DB in both hands, push DB overhead while doing jumping jacks) (one 10# DB)
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-5 two more times
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “Total Body Toning Workout from Home”