I haven’t done a PopSugar/Anna Renderer workout in a long time and I don’t know why! This was a great cardio workout–I burned a ton of calories for a 35 minute workout–over 300 calories. Which, for me at least, is a lot for a 30 minute workout. I was working hard. And Anna, as always, made the workout more fun with her bubbly personality. If you do the advanced versions of all of the moves (which I did), it is pretty intense. There are also low impact versions of every move.
30 Minute Standing Cardio Workout is 34:30 minutes; no warm up (but the first time through Circuit 1 could count as your warm up by doing the low impact version of all of the exercises) and 5:30 minute cool/down stretch. There is a beginner/low impact modifier and an advanced modifier. Anna is doing an intermediate version (but the advanced modifier is usually doing the same thing as Anna).
- Skip rope (add a butt kick for advanced)
- Double hops; changes to single leg hops
- Gate Swings (slow wide plié jacks) (the second time through the circuit both Anna and the advanced modifier add cross jacks after the wide plié)
- Scissor jacks
- Reverse lunge into front kick (the second time through the circuit both Anne and the advanced modifier add touching the ground during the reverse lunge)
- Alternating curtsy lunges; changes to lateral skaters
- Squat jump forward and back (the second time through it both Anne and the advanced modifier change it to 180 jump squats)
- Water break
Repeat Circuit 1
- High knee skips with jump rope arms
- Shuffle Pick Up (shuffle to side and when legs are wide, squat while sweeping one hand down along the floor as if picking something up off the floor, alternate sides)
- Jumping jacks while punching arms overhead
- Cross jacks (crossing both straight arms and legs)
- Wide sumo squat bringing both elbows to same side knee and when you stand, raise one knee and bring opposite elbow to knee, alternate sides; advanced version is adding a hop to knee raise
- Alternating side lunges with a shuffle between sides
- Alternating reverse lunges with a hop when bringing feet together
- Water Break
Repeat Circuit 2
For more info on Popsugar and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.