Wow! This is such an excellent kettlebell workout! Kettlebell HIIT Workout is total body metabolic strength workout from Heather Robertson. I did this workout in conjunction with her 12 Minute Upper Body Kettlebell Workout and got an excellent and intense workout. I was working very hard. It is set up interval style and I found the intervals and recovery period were perfect for me to keep going strong throughout the entire workout without gassing out. My total workout time this morning was 58 minutes (Heather’s 5 Minute Warm Up + her 12 Minute Upper Body Kettlebell Workout + this workout). I burned over 400 calories and was in my peak heart rate zone for 21 minutes of that time (according to my FitBit). A pretty great strength workout–and intense! As I mentioned in my review of her Upper Body Kettlebell Workout, I feel like Heather creates some of the best kettlebell workouts I have ever done.
This workout is made up of one circuit consisting of 10 kettlebell exercises that is repeated 3 times. Each exercise is done for 40 seconds with 20 seconds of recovery. There is a counter in the lower right hand corner, counting down the intervals. During the recovery the next exercise is previewed. The entire workout is music only, no voice overs.
Kettlebell HIIT Workout is 36:30 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 3:30 minute stretch. Equipment: a kettlebell. Heather is using a 15 pound kettlebell. I used a 15 and a 20 pound kettlebell. The weights listed below are what I used for each exercise.
- Swing + Switch (single arm KB swings, alternate hands) (20# KB)
- Tick Tock Lunge (pendulum lunge holding KB racked at shoulder) (15# KB)
- Repeat #2 on other leg
- American Swing (double arm KB swing, raising KB overhead) (20# KB)
- Toe Taps (place KB on floor and, with hands behind head, alternate hop tapping toes to KB)
- Squat + Press (squat with single arm overhead press) (15# KB)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Plank Reach (set KB on floor in front of you and, while in elbow plank, alternate tapping hand to KB)
- Side Lunge Jack (do alternating side lunges holding KB by handle, between each lunge do a jack while pushing KB overhead) (15# KB)
- Swing + Squat (one KB swing + hold KB at chest with bell facing ceiling and do a squat) (20# KB)
- Repeat #1-10 two more times