12 Minute HIIT // Upper Body Workout Using Kettlebells is an excellent little kettlebell workout from Heather Robertson. Heather is using a huge pink kettlebell in this workout. I have no idea the weight of it, but it is enormous. This workout is set in a different place than Heather’s others that I’ve done so far. This one looks like it is in an actual fitness studio. Though the title says it is an upper body workout, you are also getting a bit of core and a bit of lower body. Because it set up interval style, your heart rate is elevated as well–especially if you are using a challenging kettlebell. For 12 minutes, it is a pretty excellent little workout. I used Heather’s 5 Minute Warm Up since this workout does not have a warm up and followed this workout up with her Kettlebell HIIT Workout, which has a stretch at the end. Between her 2 kettlebell workouts, I got an excellent total body metabolic strength workout. I feel like Heather creates some of the best kettlebell workouts I’ve ever done.
The workout is made up of one circuit consisting of 6 upper body exercises that is repeated 3 times. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds with 10 seconds of recovery. There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, counting down your interval. During the recovery, a rectangle appears above the counter, previewing the next exercise. This workout is done to music only–no talking.
12 Minute HIIT // Upper Body Workout Using Kettlebells is 13 minutes; 45 second intro, no warm up or stretch. I have no idea the weight of Heather’s kettlebell though it is enormous. I used a 20 pound kettlebell for all of the exercises.
- Overhead Tricep Extension (French Press)
- Upright Row
- Double Arm Kettlebell Swing
- Plank Pass Through (in straight arm plank with kettlebell on floor justoutside of one arm, reach other arm under body, grab kettlebell handle and bring it over to other side of body, alternate arms)
- Bicep Curl (hold kettlebell handle with both hands and do a narrow bicep curl)
- Push Press (still holding kettlebell handle in both hands, bell facing ceiling, squat bringing elbows to knees then stand, pushing kettlebell overhead)
- Repeat #1-6 two more times