10 Minute Full Body Mobility and Flexibility Routine is great flexibility routine from Heather Robertson. She has several of this short, approximately 10 minute flexibility routines. I used them to stretch out after many of her workouts that do not contain cool downs and/or stretches. That is how I used it this morning. Like most of Heather’s flexibility routines, this is done voice over. Since I work out for an hour every morning and many of Heather’s workouts are pretty short, I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. I started with Heather’s 5 Minute Warm up then I did her Intense Full Body Strength Workout, followed it with her Total Body Circuit Workout and ended with with this. I got an excellent and intense metabolic strength workout and finished it off with this relaxing stretch.
- Start standing at the end of your yoga mat. Extend arms overhead while arching back then hinge forward, place hands on floor and walk out to a straight arm plank. Lower to floor then press up into a cobra or upward facing dog. Press back to down dog then walk hands to feet and stand
- Repeat #1 two more times
- Child’s pose with knees wide; still in child’s pose, reach arms to one side and hold; reach arms to other side and hold
- Get into double kneeling position but with legs wide and bottom on floor between ankles, lean torso back so that you are resting on your elbows; lower back all the way to floor; extend arms overhead onto the floor (haha–not me, I did my best but couldn’t even get my elbows on the floor, I leaned back with palms on the floor behind me)
- Lay on back with knees bent and raised and hands gripping thighs under knees, roll onto your back and back up to your bottom, massaging the spine
- Raise to standing then hinge forward into forward fold, roll up to standing, reaching arms overhead with spine arched then repeat, hinging forward into forward fold and repeat 2 more times; remain in forward fold and clasp hands on opposite elbows and sway torso side to side
- Stand and do shoulder rolls
- In kneeling lunge, reach one arm forward while also hinging torso forward (opposite hand from front leg), straighten torso then reach arm forward again 2 more times
- Still in kneeling lunge, reach one arm behind you while also raising back foot, grip foot or ankle and pull gently on the leg, stretching the quads
- Repeat #9 & 10 on other side of body
- Start in straight arm plank, lower body to floor, raise into cobra or upward facing dog then press back into wide knee child’s pose, hold child’s pose
- Raise up to double kneeling with toes on ground and glutes resting on heels, clasp hands behind back and press them down, arching spine and looking toward the ceiling; raise arms away from back to stretch deeper
- Clasp hands in front of you, rounding back and lowering head to stretch the spine
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
5 thoughts on “10 Minute Full Body Mobility and Flexibility Routine”