Intense Full Body Strength Workout is an excellent strength workout from Heather Robertson. This is not one of her no repeat workouts. This workout was created to build strength so each exercise is repeated 4 times before moving on to the next exercise. Choose your weight appropriately and you will be working hard. Since I work out for an hour every morning and many of Heather’s workouts are pretty short, I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. Since this workout has no warm up, I started with Heather’s 5 Minute Warm up then I did this workout, followed it with Total Body Circuit Workout and ended with Full Body Mobility and Flexibility. I got an excellent and intense strength workout that, in total, clocked in at a little over an hour.
This workout is set up interval format. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds. She gives a short recovery between each interval. Unlike other workouts, it does not get a timer and is 10 seconds or less. Each exercise is repeated 4 times before moving on to the next exercise. There is a counter in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals. After completing 4 sets of one exercise, you do get a 10 second rest before the next exercise. There is a counter in the upper right hand corner counting down the rest period and a rectangle previewing the upcoming exercise.
Intense Full Body Strength Workout is 25:30 minutes; 1 minute intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Heather has one heavy dumbbell and a set of lighter dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Goblet Squat (one 30# DB)
- Curl + Press (bicep curl into overhead press) (12# DBs)
- Stiff Deadlift (straight leg deadlift holding one heavy DB by the bar with both hands) (one 30# DB)
- Toe Touch (lay on back and extend both legs to ceiling, hold one DB in both hands and crunch upper body while reaching DB toward toes) (one 10# DB)
- Alternating Reverse Lunge (holding one DB goblet style) (one 25# DB)
- Bent Arm Side Raises (8# DBs)
- Sumo Squat (one 30# DB)
- Reverse Crunch (lay on back holding one DB extended toward ceiling with straight arms, do a reverse crunch with straight legs lifting toward ceiling then lowering straight legs until they are a few inches off the floor, the entire time holding arms/DB isometrically) (one 20# DB)
- Bridge Chest Press (lay on back with knees bent and feet on floor, raise hips and keep them raised isometrically while doing chest presses) (15# DBs)