Super Cardio Sculpt is part of The Firm’s Body Sculpting System 1. It is led by trainer Nancy Tucker. I didn’t think I remembered this workout until I started doing it. I actually really enjoy it but I remember I found it pretty easy–and I still do. Definitely a steady state cardio workout with basic, easy to follow choreography. Use this for an easier day. You will still get a good workout. I broke a sweat but was never terribly taxed. It is pure cardio–no core work, just 32:30 minutes of cardio (plus warm up and stretch). It is done Firm circuit style–step cardio and floor cardio circuits alternated with more metabolic circuits that use light dumbbells and/or the Fanny Lifter/high step at 14 inches to increase intensity.
And again with these workout titles! Before previewing this workout I expected this to be a cardio + strength workout. Without writing these things up in this blog I am not sure how I am supposed to keep these Firm workouts straight! The titles are all so similar!
Super Cardio Sculpt is 43:30 minutes; 2 minute intro, 6 minute warm up and 3 minute stretch. Equipment: Fanny Lifter (or high step @ 14 inches) and light dumbbells. Nancy and crew are using 3 pound dumbbells; I used 5 pound dumbbells. Workout starts w/ step in front of you @ 14 inches.
Circuit 1: 6 inch step and dumbbells
- Toe taps to side; add alternating bicep curls; changes to alternating tricep kickbacks but out to side of body
- Alternating front kicks; add back row (Nancy calls them “pinches”)
- Squat side to side; add bent arm side raises
- Combine 1-3, alternating the moves
- Alternating basic step
- Front-side-front step; add bicep curls
- Alternate 5 & 6
- Repeat 1-3 & 5-7
- Heel-toe-heel on step; add bicep curls
- Step knee raise
- Alternate 9 & 10
- Repeat every move in the circuit
Circuit 2: step cardio on 6 inch step
Circuit 3: cardio on the floor (no equipment)
Circuit 4: step cardio on 6 inch step
Circuit 5: step cardio on floor (no equipment)
Circuit 6: step @ 14 inches and dumbbells
- Step tap onto step, alternate legs; add bicep curls
Circuit 7: step cardio on 6 inch step