It’s been a while since I have a new-to me Heather Robertson workout. It’s not that I don’t want to! I do! I love her workouts. I just have a long list of workouts I need to get through. But once I saw Heather had created a back workout I knew I need to give it a try. I do love working my back. Back Fat Blaster is an upper body strength workout that focuses on the back muscles but Heather works other muscles, too (shoulders and chest). Also, when you are working large muscle groups (like the back and chest), smaller muscle groups have to assist, so they are getting worked as well.
This was yet another excellent workout from Heather. Use the right weights and you will get a great metabolic upper body strength workout. I did this workout in combination with one of Heather’s newer lower body workouts, Brutal Booty + Leg Slimming Workout for a total body strength workout.
Like most of Heather’s workouts, this is music only. Which I love! The music is always great. You just follow along with Heather as she does the exercises with perfect form. Each exercise is done for 40 seconds with a 10 second rest between exercises. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and rest periods. During the rest period Heather previews the next exercise.
Back Fat Blaster is 23:30 minutes; 30 second intro, 3:30 minute warm up and 4 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. Heather is using a set of 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. The dumbbell weights listed below are what I used.
- Narrow + wide row (alternate these two rows) (13# DBs)
- Renegade rows (10# DBs)
- Super push up (alternate 1 superman with 1 push up)
- Rear back flys (8# DBs)
- Scapular squeeze (extend arms out to sides, palms facing ceiling, and alternate pulling one elbow into waist) (5# DBs)
- Underhand row (15# DBs)
- Lat lift & pull (hinge forward at hips, raise arms from beside thighs until arms are in line with head (palms are facing each other), rotate palms so they face the floor and pull arms back into goal post) (5# DBs)
- Plank stroke (in forearm plank, extend one arm straight in front of you then sweep it beside you to behind you as if doing a swimming stroke, alternate arms)
- Bent arm jacks (jumping jacks with arms opening and closing while in goal post)
- Repeat #1-9