20 Minute Relaxing Yoga Stretches for Flexibility & Sore Muscles is a very deep yoga practice from Sara Beth Yoga. You hold the poses for a long time. There are no complicated or advanced poses but they do start to feel uncomfortable. Mostly in the first half of the practice. Sara gets you into a deep stretching pose and at first it feels so good, but then you hold it so long that it starts to get a bit uncomfortable! That is, until you are laying on the mat then all of the poses just feel so good. I definitely needed this deep stretch this morning!
20 Minute Relaxing Yoga Stretches for Flexibility & Sore Muscles is 21:34 minutes. The practice is actually 20 minutes. The last 1:30 minutes is Sara talking about another one of her workouts. Equipment: fitness mat and bolster or a rolled up blanket. Sara shows modifications for some of the poses.
- Child’s pose
- Thread the needle
- Puppy pose
- Get on hands and knees, extend on leg straight behind you with toes on floor, push back your heel to stretch your calf
- Kneeling lunge with hands on mat on either side of front foot; open front leg out further and place both hands under chest to deepen stretch; shift hips side to side
- On hands and knees, circle hips
- Wide leg forward fold
- Lay on back, one leg is extended straight on mat, other knee is pulled into chest, hands holding shin
- Lying spinal twist
- Repeat #8 & 9 on other side of body
- Bridge pose with bolster under hips; pull knees into chest, hands are behind head; extend straight legs to ceiling
- Lay on back with bolster under knees, soles of feet are together and knees are open in butterfly