Killer at Home Cardio Workout // No Equipment HIIT Workout is a short but intense cardio workout from Heather Robertson. I thoroughly enjoyed this workout. I used it as a sort of warm up before doing my Sunday yoga and it did a great job warming me up. It is only 21 minutes but Heather warms you up nicely and stretches you out afterward. This workout has some tough moves in it, too. Both are burpee variations. One of them is one arm burpees. I haven’t done those in forever! The burpees definitely help to increase the intensity of this workout. For a 21 minute workout I burned 155 calories and spent a total of 6 minutes in my peak heart rate zone. Since so many of Heather’s workouts are in the 30-40 minute range, if you work out for an hour in the mornings like I do, this is a great finisher to give you an intense burst of cardio to finish off one of her strength workouts. Or use it like I did this morning–to warm yourself up before some yoga or deep stretching.
Killer at Home Cardio Workout // No Equipment HIIT Workout is 21:22 minutes; 3:30 minute warm up and 3 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. This workout is done interval style: each exercise is done for 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the lower right hand side of the screen, counting down the intervals and recoveries. During the recovery, Heather previews the next exercise. This is not a low impact workout; lots of jumping.
- Hip twister (squat jump, at top of jump twist hips to one side, alternate sides, arms are folded genie-stye in front of chest with elbows raised to shoulder level)
- Knees & toes (2 high knee runs tapping hand to opposite knee when it raises + 2 insole tap runs)
- Ninja jacks (start in straight arm plank, jump feet to hands so you are in a deep squat, raise hands off mat into prayer, place hands on mat again and jump feet back to plank and do one plank jack)
- Spot sprint (sprint in place)
- Burpee climber (place hands on mat, jump feet back to plank, do 4 mountain climbers, jump feet into hands, stand and do 180 jump so you are facing the opposite direction)
- Repeat #1-5
30 second rest
- Straight up jack (jumping jack legs, arms are straight in front of you, raise arms from thighs to overhead in time with legs)
- Squat & high knees (one squat + 4 high knee runs)
- Shadow box (alternating front punches)
- Crab dance (in crab, raise one leg to ceiling while reaching for toe with opposite hand, alternate sides)
- One arm burpee (do a plank burpee (no push up) with one arm behind back, alternate which arm is behind back)
- Repeat #1-5