Low Impact Arms Workout // No Equipment is a short but very nicely done body weight strength workout from Heather Robertson. It is perfect to use as an add on or finisher for another workout. It is only 16 minutes but Heather warms up your upper body beforehand then stretches it out thoroughly at the end. I will definitely use this in the future as a finisher workout for another upper body workout. Though the title is “toned arms” Heather manages to hit every upper body muscle group in this workout.
Low Impact Arms Workout // No Equipment is 16:12 minutes; 2:30 minute warm up and 3 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. This workout is done interval style: each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by 10 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down the intervals and recoveries. Heather previews the next exercise during the recovery.
- Inchworm tap combo (start standing, hinge forward, walk hands out to plank, do one push up, alternate tapping hand to opposite shoulder (4x total), walk hands back to feet, stand and reach arms overhead)
- Plank reach (in elbow/forearm plank, alternate reaching arms in front of you to shoulder level)
- V-squeeze (lay on stomach with arms extended in front of you, raise arms/chest and legs in superman, hold and pull elbows behind back, push arms in front of you again then lower hands/chest/legs)
- Side tricep press (lay on side with legs straight and stacked, bottom arm/hand is holding top shoulder, top hand is on the floor in front of chest, do a side lying tricep push up)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Push back push ups (do one push up then push glutes back to heels keeping knees elevated off mat)
- Repeat #1-6