Now that I am doing Yoga Ranger workouts, YouTube is recommending all kinds of Yin Yoga workouts to me. PsycheTruth had a short Yin Yoga workout that interested me as well as some longer (30 minute) ones that interest me. This short one is titled Shoulder Pain on the workout and by the Yogi, but it is labeled on YouTube as Yin Yoga for Neck & Back Pain Relief and Tense Shoulders. It is led by Allison G. I liked her right off. She has a soothing voice and is pleasant to look at. I love her workout outfit and how it matches her tattoos so that you cannot tell where the tattoos end and the outfit begins. She has a really nice tattoo of Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas on one of her forearms. She kind of reminds me of my oldest daughter. I really like her.
This practice has gentle music in the background and Allison moves slowly in and out of poses. You only hold each pose for one minute so it is a beginner level Yin Yoga workout, but I still felt it. This one didn’t make my shoulders feel better at the time of the practice or now, several hours later. But I definitely felt it stretching my shoulders. I think consistency is the key so I will just keep doing these practices and hope for the best.
Yin Yoga for Shoulder Pain is 14 minutes; 1 minute intro.
- Lay on belly with arms in goal post, place one cheek on the mat and raise one leg up to the side of the body with knee bent, hold for 1 minute
- Repeat #1 on other leg
- Still on belly, legs both extended behind you, raise into cobra so you are on fingertips with elbows still bent, twist torso in this position and lower one shoulder toward floor, flow from shoulder to shoulder, holding briefly on each side
- Place forearms on mat so you are in Sphinx pose, hold for 1:30 minutes
- Hold prone scorpion pose for 1 minute each side
- Spinx pose for another 20 seconds
- Hold child’s pose for 2 minutes
For more info on PsychTruth and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “Yin Yoga for Shoulder Pain”