Squat & Plank Challenge is a fun little 10 minute workout from Popsugar. It is led by Anna Renderer. As usual, I used it as an add on/finisher to a Cathe Live workout. It is not terribly challenging to be honest. It is bodyweight training but none of the moves are hard or complicated. But I did like it. It could function as a very active cool down that gives you some lower body and core conditioning. There are 10 exercises and you alternate between a squat variation and a plank variation. You do each exercise for approximately one minute. If the move favors one side of the body you change sides after approx. 30 seconds.
Squat & Plank Challenge is 10 minutes long. All you need for this workout is a mat.
- Squat and reach (squat while raising both arms overhead at bottom of squat)
- Up down plank (high plank to elbow plank)
- Goblet squat (plie squat)
- Side plank w/ dip (in side elbow plank, raise and lower hips)
- Split squat (static lunge)
- Plank w/ arm reach (in elbow plank, alternate reaching straight arm in front of you)
- Squat jump
- Plank w/ side step (elbow plank, step feet in and out)
- Single leg squat (balance move–squat while standing on one foot)
- Creepy Crawler (in elbow plank, bring knee to tricep on outside of body, alternate sides)
For more info on Popsugar and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “Popsugar: Squat & Plank Challenge”
Oh my word this was one of my favorite popsugar streaming videos to do. love planks (and squats too.)
I dearly wish that popsugar would release physical DVDs of some of their workouts.