I really felt this Yin Yoga Snack. The poses weren’t always the most comfortable but I didn’t have any problems holding them for a few minutes. I really like Banana Pose. I didn’t realize how much until I encountered it in Aprille‘s Yin Yoga workouts. It’s because she has you cross your ankles. It is surprising the difference that small addition makes. I have done banana pose many times and even though it always felt good, I never felt it so deeply until I crossed my ankles during one of Aprille’s Yin Yoga practices.
Yin Yoga Snack for IT Band Relief & Outer Hip Release is 20 minutes. Equipment: yoga strap.
- Banana pose for 3 minutes
- Corpse pose for 3 deep breaths (transitional pose)
- Repeat #1 on other side for 2 minutes
- Repeat #2
- Lay on side, wrap strap around top foot and extend leg straight in front of you, holding strap with bottom hand, bend bottom leg and grab the foot behind you, hold for 2 minutes
- Lay on back with feet on floor and knees bent (transitional pose)
- Repeat #5 on other side of body for 2 minutes
- Repeat #6
- Lay on back, one knee bent with foot on floor, other leg is crossed, ankle over opposite knee, wrap strap around ankle, and rotate hip to side so sole of foot is on floor, pull ankle toward you with strap for 2 minutes (I didn’t use the strap for this because I was able to get a deeper stretch by pulling my ankle with my hand)
- Lay on back, knees bent and together, feet on floor (transitional pose)
- Repeat #9 for 2 minutes
- Repeat #10
For more info on Yoga Ranger and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “Yin Yoga Snack for IT Band Relief & Outer Hip Release”