Slow Stretch Yoga for Flexibility & Sore Muscles is a deep and relaxing yoga stretch from Sara Beth Yoga. Sara holds some of the poses you do for a long time (or so it felt like to me) and at times it got a little uncomfortable. But I did feel well stretched out afterward. There are no advanced poses in this workout. It is a deep stretching practice that will leave you feeling good when it is over.
Slow Stretch Yoga for Flexibility & Sore Muscles is 21 minutes but the last minute is Sara talking about one of her other workouts, so it is actually only 20 minutes. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Child’s pose with legs wide and arms extended in front of you
- On all 4s, arch back and hold; round back and hold
- Downward facing dog, pedal the feet; open legs wider and press chest toward knees
- Wide leg forward fold; place one hand on floor and reach other arm to ceiling, looking up toward ceiling
- Still in wide leg forward fold, clasp hands behind back and reach them to ceiling
- Downward facing dog
- Runners lunge stretch
- Kneeling lunge; pivot hip away from front leg, placing hip on mat (bottom leg is still extended straight and front leg is still bent)
- Return to kneeling lunge; shift hips back, straightening front leg and keeping toes of front leg pointed; flex foot and lower glutes to mat (other leg is still bent underneath you), hinge forward over straight leg
- Repeat 6-9 on other side of body
- Downward facing dog, pedaling the feet
- Sit with legs crossed, thighs together and knees stacked, hands are on feet, massaging them; fold torso over legs, hands/forearms on mat in front of you
- Repeat #12 with leg positions swapped–but this time instead of massaging your feet, you thread your fingers through your toes
- Lay on back, knees bent, soles of feet together, legs open in butterfly
- Still on back, pull knees into chest
For more info on SaraBethYoga and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.