5 Best Outer Thigh Exercises is brutal! Ouch! I used it as a finisher just like I am using all of Linda’s little 5 Best workouts and this definitely finished my legs off. For a 13 minute workout, this definitely does the job. My outer thighs were burning. You do all of the exercises on one leg before repeating them on your other leg. They seem much more excruciating when repeating the exercises on the second leg–probably because that leg was doing some work when you do the exercises on the first side. I was looking forward to #3 on leg 2, thinking it would be somewhat of a relief after the pretzel exercises–it was a bit of a relief the first time through. But it burned anyway on the second leg! Pair together several of Linda’s 5 Best lower body workouts and you could easily destroy your lower body in less than 30 minutes! A good destroy, that is!
***Outer Thigh is part of Linda Wooldridge‘s 5 Best Exercise Series. This review will eventually be double posted. It is available for free on YouTube (this review) but it is also part of Linda’s 5 Best Exercise Series DVD which contains 11 mini workouts. I am using the DVD version but I am also posting individual reviews of the workouts so others can also enjoy them on YouTube. The DVD review will post eventually, tho. However, Linda has also created a 5 Best Exercises playlist on YouTube that includes every one of the workouts on the DVD.***
Outer Thigh is 13 minutes long. Equipment needed: a fitness mat and nothing else. 5 exercises; each exercise is done for one minute.
- Pretzel lifts (one leg bent in front of you and the other bent behind you, so your legs are in a sort of Z or pretzel; raise and lower back leg)
- Pretzel push backs (same position as #1 but push back leg behind you)
- Outer thigh raises (lay on side and raise and lower top straight leg)
- L toe heels (still laying on side, bring both straight legs in front of you so your body is in an “L”; tap top toe to bottom toe and top heel to bottom heel, lifting leg a small amount with each tap)
- Diagonal leg extensions (start in same position as #4, bend at knees and raise both calves/feet off ground, keeping knees and thighs on ground; push top leg up to ceiling and return knee to floor
- Repeat 1-5 on other leg