Barre Butt, Hip & Thigh Workout is a free barre workout on YouTube from Jessica Smith. This is the first pure barre workout of Jessica’s I’ve tried. So far I’ve been doing only her cardio workouts. I have loved her cardio workouts but I didn’t love this workout. It was a good workout, don’t get me wrong, but I probably won’t do return to it. I did feel it–so it worked my lower body pretty well but there are other barre workouts I like better. But it is a good barre workout.
Barre Butt, Hip & Thigh Workout is 24:30 minutes long w/ 2:30 minute stretch. Jessica uses nothing but I needed a chair a balance.
- Feet together, spine straight, bend knees/squat
- Heels together, turn feet out, plie squat
- Bring feet together again and pulse down w/ arms overhead
- Open feet, heels together and pulse plie squat w/ arms out to sides
- Alternate between 3 & 4
- Keep pulsing in plie but with one heel raised; alternate heels; changes to pulsing w/ both heels raised
- Wide plie squats; changes to pulses; pivot into lunge and keep pulsing; hold in lunge and raise and lower front heel; pulse in lunge w/ front heel raised; bring back foot in a bit and hinge forward, arms raised overhead and pulse; changes to pulsing 3x then tap back foot in next to front foot; changes to raising knee instead of tapping
- Repeat #7, this time pivoting to other side
- Lift one leg to side then sweep it in front of you (standing leg is bent); changes to raising and lowering left bent in attitude in front of you
- Repeat #9 on other leg
- Lean forward, resting hands thigh of on front bent leg, other leg straight behind you, raise and pulse back leg 3x then tap floor; changes to raising leg out to side, bend knee so it is in hydrant and tilt knee up (so toe to floor) then dip knee to floor (so toe to ceiling)–keep tilting both ways
- Repeat #11 on other leg