HIIT Cardio & Core is another awesome workout from Jessica Smith and, like the others, it is free on YouTube! I love her cardio workouts! Like High Intensity Interval Cardio & Abs, this workout alternates cardio/HIIT blasts w/ standing core work. I love both workouts. Jessica shows multiple levels for each cardio blast so you can make this workout as intense as you need it to be. I really enjoyed this workout. The cardio was great and intense, I loved the standing core, it had a very active warm up which I enjoyed–and Peanut was present and looking “zen,” as Jessica observed. Jessica’s cardio workouts are definitely some of my favorite cardio workouts out there. I love the active recovery of standing core work, too. I don’t know what it is about that, but I love doing it between the cardio blasts.
HIIT Cardio & Core is 31 minutes long; 5 minute warm up, 2:30 minutes cool down and 3 minute stretch. You don’t need any equipment for this workout except a chair for modifications. But if you don’t need to modify anything then you need nothing.
- Cardio: Side to side lunge w/ windmill arms, tapping hands to floor; Core: windmill split squat (lunge forward and windmill arms so you touch foot w/ opposite hand); repeat
- Cardio: squat jacks; Core: standing bicycle (hands behind head, raise knee tapping knee to opposite elbow); repeat
- Cardio: squat thrust w/ lateral jump to side; Core: alternating side leg lifts, keep legs straight and tap outside of calf w/ same side hands
- Cardio: cross mountain climber (knees to opposite elbows); Core: deadlift w/ twist (hands behind head, hinge at waist and twist elbows/torso to side when you stand); repeat
- Cardio: wide mountain climbers (jump feet to outside of hands); Core: standing spider climb (act like you are climbing w/ hands and knees, raising knees w/ legs out to side of body, tapping knees to elbows); repeat