***5 Best Thigh Blasting Exercises is part of Linda Wooldridge‘s 5 Best Exercise Series. This review will eventually be double posted. It is available for free on YouTube (this review) but it is also part of Linda’s 5 Best Exercise Series DVD which contains 11 mini workouts. I am using the DVD version but I am also posting individual reviews of the workouts so others can also enjoy them on YouTube. The DVD review will post eventually, tho. However, Linda has also created a 5 Best Exercises playlist on YouTube that includes every one of the workouts on the DVD.***
5 Best Thigh Blasting Exercises is another mini workout that will burn your thighs out. This workout is all barre exercises. I used this workout to finish off a very intense Katami 4×4 workout that had already hit my lower body pretty hard, so I was struggling through this. But I am sure it is hard on its own. Since these are all barre exercises, you need a chair for everything. Though in the picture (and the workout) Linda has the chair beside her, I am sure that is only so we can get a better view of her. For this workout, I suggest having your chair in front of you. Better for balance purposes. You will be on your toes this entire workout. Yes–other than the 10 second rest you get between exercises, that is 8 minutes on your toes. My feet and legs were protesting! Yet another excellent mini workout from Linda/Barlates. Pair/group this workout with some of her other 5 Best lower body workouts and fry your lower body in one session.
Thigh Blasting is 8 minutes long. Equipment needed: chair and a mat. 5 exercises; each exercise is done for one minute. If the exercise focuses on one leg, you do a full minute on each leg.
- Parallel squat (raise onto toes, keeping spine straight and bend knees so you are in squat–pulse in this position–barre move)
- Squat tucks (same starting position as #1 but tuck pelvis in and out)
- Inner thigh kisses (heels together, toes turned out, lower into squat (back still straight) and open and close knees)
- Wide plie pulses (get into wide plie squat, raise onto toes and pulse)
- Lunge tucks (get into lunge and raise up onto toes; tuck pelvis in and out while remaining in lunge)