A.B.S. stands for Abs, Back & Stability. This is a gentle core workout from Jessica Smith. I used it as a sort of warm up before doing my Sunday yoga. It worked very well for that. This is a body weight only workout. You will work your entire core–front, sides and back. I felt the work but it didn’t really tax me–but it still did the job. Again, this was a good thing for my purposes. It was a gentle yoga day for me and this warmed me up, worked my core and had me ready for some deep stretching. And Peanut was with us all through it!
A.B.S (Abs, Back + Stability) workout is 19 minutes long; no warm up and 1 minute stretch. No equipment is needed except a mat.
- With knees bent slightly, arms bent, twist torso side to side keeping lower body stationary
- Pull elbow down to same side hip then reach arm overhead
- Slow alternating knee raises; add raising and lowering opposite arm
- With arms crossed over chest, hinge forward at hips then straighten
- Stand on one leg and reach arm down toward floor diagonally (across standing leg) then reach toward floor but out to side (reaching toward floor to either side of standing leg)
- Repeat #4 but w/ hands behind head and elbows out to side
- Repeat #5 on other leg
- Get on all 4s and bring one knee under body and opposite elbow to touch knee then extend leg and arm out straight (bird dogs)
- Dead bug (lay on back, legs raised, knees bent, extend one leg out straight and opposite arm, alternate sides)
- Repeat #8 on other side of body
- Repeat #9
- Elbow side plank hold
- Lay on stomach, arms extended out at sides of boy w/ thumbs pointing to ceiling, raise and lower head/chest, bringing arms from sides to beside hips, keeping thumbs pointed upward
- Repeat #12 on other side of body
- repeat #13
For more info on JessicaSmithTV and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “JessicaSmithTV: A.B.S. Workout”