As I mentioned in my post about Jessica Smith‘s 1 Mile Belly, Buns & Thigh Walk, I am getting back to working out today but starting slow with short, low impact and lower body focused workouts. So I started with Jessica’s 15 minute walk and finished with this 15 minute barre workout. This wasn’t the hardest barre workout I’ve ever done, but I did feel it. A few times I was feeling the burn! So an excellent little lower body workout. Just like the 1 Mile Walk, this is also one of Jessica’s free YouTube workouts. You also get Peanut in this workout, passed out in her pink pillow.
Lunge Free Lower Body workout is 17 minutes long; 2 minute warm up (warm up includes marching in place, hamstring curls, and hip circles) and 1 minute stretch. Equipment: chair for balance.
- Side leg lifts (leg straight, foot flexed)
- Raise one leg in front of you (leg straight and foot flexed) and pulse leg
- Repeat 1 & 2 on other leg
- Face chair back (hands on chair back), bend knees and lean forward slightly, raise one bent knee behind you and push foot up to ceiling; hold leg up and raised behind you and pulse foot up toward ceiling
- Face forward, forearm on back of chair, leg raised and bent to side, lower knee then raise knee, trying to keep foot stationary behind you (“clamshells”)
- Repeat 4 & 5 on other leg
- Face chair back, hands on chair back, lower into squat and bringing one foot forward, toe tapping floor (so all weight is on other leg) and do single leg squats (never fully standing, always in partial squat)
- Raise one leg in front of you, leg straight and toe pointed, raise and lower leg; changes to an arc (raise leg in front, arc to side, tap floor then arc back to front and lower)
- Repeat 7 & 8 on other leg
For more info on JessicaSmithTV and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
4 thoughts on “JessicaSmithTV: Lunge Free Lower Body Workout”
This is one of my favorite afternoon workouts to do with my daughters. They have POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) and can’t get their heart rate up too high, so we usually stick to easier workouts. The 3 of us really like doing this one and laughing through the burn!
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s awesome that you’ve found something they can do. Jessica has quite a few great workouts like that. Linda Wooldridge/Barlates does too. She has quite a few workouts that I never break a sweat and yet am still in agony!
Yes! You introduced me to Linda Wooldridge, and she’s part of our afternoon workouts. We do a couple of her floor videos, and OMG, you should hear all the “crying” we do! 🙂 It’s awesome!