Mobility Strong is a flexibility routine from AngieFitnessTV. This is another little workout included in Angie’s Triple Threat fitness program. I really liked this one a lot. You use a stability ball and you do a lot of dynamic and static stretching. I really felt like I needed it this morning. My back muscle are feeling sore from yesterday’s workouts and this stretch hit them (along with many other muscle groups) nicely.
Mobility Strong is 16:56 minutes. Equipment: stability ball and fitness mat.
- Stand with legs wide and lunge side to side, rolling stability ball side to side; hold side lunge stretch, pushing ball further away so arms are extended; add pulses to stretch
- With legs wide and hands on ball, forward fold while rolling ball out then roll ball back in
- Stand holding ball in both hands, twist torso and ball around to the side, looking behind you
- Sit on mat with legs extended straight in front of you, place ball on toes and push ball to stretch shins then flex your feet to bring the ball back toward you
- Still sitting on mat, open legs into wide straddle stretch with legs straight and roll ball side to side, side bending with each roll; keep ball next to one foot, opposite hand on top of the ball
- Still sitting on mat, legs still in wide straddle stretch with legs straight, ball is between legs and both hands are on the ball, roll the ball forward and back, hinging torso forward; keep ball rolled forward, hands still on ball and leg head hang down between arms; rocking the ball slowly side to side
- Get into a side plank but with the ball under waist supporting you, bottom hand is on the ground and top arm is hanging overhead and reaching toward ground
- Lay back on ball, hands behind head and roll back, arching spine then roll forward, bending knees; hold at top of stretch, in a back bend with ball under spine, legs straight with feet on ground, arms extended overhead so fingers touch the ground
- With back against ball, hips raised off ground, ankle crossed over opposite knee, stretch glutes and hips
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Child’s pose with hands on ball; roll ball side to side
- Wide kneeling lunge, rolling ball away
- Kneel on mat, glutes sitting on heels, hands on ball in front of you, torso hinged forward, roll ball to side, stretching arms and torso; roll ball forward, still kneeling, glutes still on heels
- Stand with legs wider than hip width, one hand on ball, rotate spine, reaching other arm to ceiling
- Sit on the ball and do neck stretches
- Deep breaths, reaching arms overhead
For more info on AngieFitnessTV and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.