I love SaraBethYoga‘s gentle yoga/flexibility workouts. She probably has more intense yoga workouts but I am not really interested in them. I love her gentle, deep stretches. Everything is done at a controlled pace–no rushing, and you hold the stretches for longer periods of time. I used this short practice as a sort of finisher after a more intense yoga fusion workout. I suffer from chronic neck and shoulder pain. This was a perfect little finisher to stretch my neck and shoulders out after a more aggressive workout. She also stretches your spine and other muscles in your upper body. As the title indicates, the entire practice is done sitting cross-leg.
15 Minute Seated Yoga Stretches for Headaches, Anxiety & Tension is 16:59 minutes; it is actually about 15:30 minutes. The last 1:30 minutes is Sara talking about her free 7 day yoga challenge.
- Sit cross-leg with hands on knees and eye closed, focus on your breathing while Sara talks
- Still cross-leg, reach one hand out to side, fingers on mat and tilt head in opposite direction; place other hand on head to assist in the stretch; tilt head down toward knee, hand moves to back of head
- Interlace fingers and stretch arms out in front of you, rounding the back; extend arms w/ hands still interlaced overhead and do a side bend stretch
- Hands are still interlaced, both elbows are bent, bring one elbow behind your head
- Reach one arm to side, fingers on mat, and reach opposite hand across body to mat beside other hand, twisting torso toward hands; trail fingers of one hand (hand that was crossing body) along floor in a half circle to other side of body, reach arm out to side, overhead and back to start beside other hand so torso is twisted
- Still cross-leg, hinge torso forward over one knee, forearms on mat, forehead resting on knee
- Seated spinal twist in opposite direction
- Legs still crossed, place hands on mat behind you and raise hips, pressing them forward and arching spine
- Repeat 5-7 on other side of body
- Repeat #8
- Sit cross-leg, hands folded in lap and eyes closed, focus on your breathing while Sara talks; the music stops and Sara stops talking for silent meditation
For more info on SaraBethYoga and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “SaraBethYoga: 15 Minute Seated Yoga Stretches for Headaches, Anxiety & Tension”
Yesss I love SarahBeth Yoga. She was instrumental in getting me back on my weight loss journey. I have autoimmune diseases and I have to be mindful of my joints. Her yoga is awesome for that. She does have super intense yoga but her stretch ones are heavenly. Perfect after a week of heavy weight lifting or intense HIIT.
LikeLiked by 2 people
That’s awesome! I never associate yoga with weight loss. The older I get the more appreciate good flexibility and mobility workouts.
LikeLiked by 1 person