15 Minute Mobility Yoga for Posture, Upper Back Pain & Fix Rounded Shoulders is a more aggressive yoga/flexibility workout than I am accustomed to from SaraBethYoga. It is not actually aggressive, I am just drawn to Sara’s gentle yoga flexibility workouts. I know she has much more aggressive yoga workouts than this one, I am just not drawn to them (yet–maybe one day). But this one peaked my interest because I have chronic neck and shoulder issues. In fact, I wear a posture corrector for several hours every day. Well, I definitely felt this short yoga practice in my shoulders and my neck. In fact, that pose (#3 below) that is featured in the picture accompanying this review was very uncomfortable for me. I could not extend myself to the more advanced level that Sara progressed to. In fact, that discomfort was most prominent in my elbows, which was unexpected since I have zero elbow pain or issues–but I did have elbow pain when I tried to extend deeper into the pose. But also felt it in my neck and shoulders (in a good way) which is where the stretch is focused. This practice also contains some strengthening exercises for your shoulders/neck.
15 Minute Mobility Yoga for Posture, Upper Back Pain & Fix Rounded Shoulders is 15:22 minutes; the workout is actually only 14 minutes. The last 1:22 minutes is Sara talking about one of her other yoga stretches. Equipment: fitness mat.This workout is done voice over to relaxing music.
- Sit cross-leg on your mat doing shoulder rolls
- Still sitting cross-leg, eyes closed and hands on knees
- Sit on bottom, knees bent and feet on floor, hands hands are on floor behind you, lift chest, arching spine and pulling shoulders back; keep hands stationary and slide hips to heels to deepen this stretch
- Extended child’s pose (knees wide, arms extended on mat in front of you)
- Lay on stomach, arms extended on floor overhead, hands are fisted, lift one arm and twist spine, scissoring legs open for stability and reaching raised arm behind you
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Lay on stomach again, arms extended on the floor overhead, palms facing the ceiling, press forehead, pelvis and thighs into the mat, lift arms off of mat and hold; slowly extend arms out to sides until they are above glutes, thumbs touching, slowly return arms to start
- Thread the needle variation
- On all 4s, extend arm that was just threaded under you to ceiling as a counter stretch
- Repeat #9 & 10 on other side of body
- Puppy pose
- Child’s pose with one arm threaded underneath you
- Child’s pose