20 Minute Deep Stretch for Athletes | Yoga for Flexibility & Hips is a nice deep yoga stretching routine. Sara has you hold some of the poses for what felt like a long time (a minute or longer). My lower body is a little sore from the workout I did yesterday so holding pigeon pose for so long became a bit uncomfortable but not painful. And uncomfortable in a good way. I feel like my lower body really needed this deep, long stretching. Since Sara has you hold some of the poses for a long time, she talks you through relaxing into the pose. So I really focused on trying to relax into some of the more uncomfortable positions. I did feel very good by the end of this practice.
20 Minute Deep Stretch for Athletes | Yoga for Flexibility & Hips is 21:44 minutes. The actual practice is only 20 minutes; the last 1:44 minutes is Sara talking. Sara shows modifications for the pigeon pose (reclining pigeon). This practice is done voice over to relaxing music.
- Child’s pose; reach hands over to one side, hands stacked, stretching the side of the body
- Cat/cow pose
- Downward facing dog
- Pigeon pose
- Repeat #3
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Repeat #3
- Bridge pose, shoulders pulled together and hands interlaced underneath you
- Reclining butterfly with arms on floor overhead
- Laying on back, pull one knee into chest while other leg is extended straight on mat; pull knee across body into reclining spinal twist; bend leg that is extended straight and grab top of foot with same side hand, pulling foot foot toward glutes
- Pull both knees into chest and hold
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Happy baby pose; rock side to side
- Corpse pose for approx 3 minutes
- Still laying on back, reach arms overhead to stretch
- Fetal position
- Sit cross-leg with hands in prayer
For more info on SaraBethYoga and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “SaraBethYoga: 20 Minute Deep Stretch for Athletes | Yoga for Flexibility & Hips”