20 Min Mobility, Rest & Recover is by a new to me YouTube trainer Fitness KayKay. She was recommended to me by a reader for her strength workouts. I do plan to try at least one of her strength workouts eventually but this one caught my eye and fit into my schedule. Fitness KayKay is her YouTube and Instagram name. Her name is Kathrin. This is a feel good dynamic stretching routine. Some of the stretches are deep and held for the entire interval and others are flowing. It is a really nice mobility/flexibility routine. Each stretch is done for 50 seconds. You have 10 seconds between each stretch during which Kathrin previews the next stretch. There is a timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen counting down each 50 second interval and 10 second rest. There is also a little bar at the top left hand side of the screen that counts down the entire workout time as a percentage.
20 Min Mobility, Rest & Recover is 20:25 minutes. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Dynamic side bend (sit cross-leg on mat and alternate side stretches, reaching arm over head to opposite side)
- Seated neck stretches
- Dynamic thread the needle (hold thread the needle briefly then raise arm to ceiling, opening chest and looking up at hand–flow between these two moves and alternate arms)
- Dynamic wrist stretch (while on all 4s, turn hands on various ways against mat to stretch wrists)
- Pigeon stretch
- Repeat #5 on other side of body
- Deep kneeling lunge (arms are extended overhead the first 25 seconds; continue the stretch but with arms lowered)
- Half splits (shift hips back from kneeling lunge so front leg is straight, hinge torso over straight leg)
- Lizard (return to deep kneeling lunge, place both elbows on mat beside front foot)
- Repeat #7-9 on other side of body
- Dynamic scorpion stretch (laying on stomach, one arm extended out to side in a T, lift one leg and bring it over other leg, touching toe to mat, keep one shoulder on floor and use other arm to help push yourself up to deep stretch, alternate sides)
- Seated forward fold
- Half camel pose, alternate sides
- Lying spinal twist
- Repeat #15 on other side of body
- Straddle sit side bend (sit with legs open wide in a split or V, do a side bend, reaching top arm to opposite toe, hold briefly, alternate sides)
- Straddle sit straight bend (the same as #17, except turn upper body toward one leg and hinge forward over leg, holding foot with both hands and bringing forehead to knee, change sides halfway through)
For more info on Fitness KayKay workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.